Occasional Contributor

MAKING A REQUEST OF LOUIS DELL'OLIO

Sir...I love your items and in my opinion your product, style, class and quality are some of the best that QVC has to offer. Thus the reason I'm asking you for this over all the other designers that they have.

I'm sure that you remember the long split skirts that were popular in the 80s. The type that Victoria Barkley wore on the Big Valley TV show from years ago. I would love to have those again. Every woman that ever had them loved them and wished that they would come back. Even if other designers didn't pick up on the trend...I would wear them if only they would be made available. Made out of the khaki type of material or denim. If they were made of a knit fabric then I would prefer one of a heavier weight like ponte. Very nice and full with pockets and a true waist probably with a side zip. They looked wonderful with boots whether the boots had a high or flat heel. They were even wonderful with regular shoes like pumps or something more trendy. If my feet were together they always looked like a skirt until I started to walk and then and only then could you see that it was a split skirt. I liked them covering the knee so that the top of the boot was not exposed. I often wore them with a short bolero type of jacket or any jacket that stopped at the waist. Please consider bringing this to us. I would purchase every color that you would offer.

Super Contributor

Re: MAKING A REQUEST OF LOUIS DELL'OLIO

I'm not a follower, but I feel for him with alllll these posts, Let the man BE and design and think. go ahead and bash.

Respected Contributor

misspammie, don't feel for him. He often asks for comments and suggestions. He's a very nice man and loves being in contact with his customers.

Respected Contributor

What is a "split skirt"? How does it differ from, say Palazzo or Gaucho Pants? Is is a long "skort"?

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

thank you Santorini

Super Contributor

I say it again. Even though things looked good yesteryear, designers keep up with the trends. It is what is fresh, stylish, and really is what will make you look the best in the long run if you can adapt some of the elements.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she means this which were called ""Gaucho""?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I think gauchos were slimmer, like wide,wide leg pants that were mid calf length. Am I dating myself here?

Respected Contributor

Is this the type of split skirt you mean?

Super Contributor

what you show in the pictures above are too too full. I remember the ones I had were in denim and not full at all. They look fantastic with a leather or suede boot !!