Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 7/30)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is another cool day..a day that would be perfect for a day typical of Winter. I just returned from the fitness place where I put in another ten miles on the recumbent bike.

I have the Scrub Daddy sponges. but I got mine at Amazon. They are really good but if you use abrasive cleansers with them, they wear out sooner but not like regular sponges. The ones from Amazon do not come in the nice little boxes if you get the pack of four or eight.

I received A225581 in the stripe. It is great and one of the few items that is a temptation to buy more. I read the reviews where some have multiple colors of this, and I can understand why. I read where some don't like polyester blends because they feel hot in them. I've never had that problem. These fit so well and do not hug the body but are slightly loose. As the saying goes, it skims the body. I'm not a fan of tight clothing that reveals the lines of anything worn underneath or so tight that it makes the person look bigger.

I know Fashion Day weekend is coming up, so perhaps there might be something offered then that might be tempting. I really find A225581 definitely tempting to order again and is something that spans all the seasons, increasing the cost effectiveness. It is an item that can be worn casual or dressy, thus increasing the cost effectiveness.

I briefly considered going to the city today but I really don't need anything there. That would be an expenditure of $14 for gasoline for the round trip plus anything I spent while there. Add $15 for a good lunch, and we are ball parking $30 for a day out without anything else added. Since I have to be there next week for an appointment, I think I will save the money and apply it toward something else.

I'm off to fix some grilled tilapia and steamed veggies for lunch. I try to get in two servings of fish in a week for part of the heart healthy menu of things to do.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 7/30)

Unusual weather is so many areas. I have heard lots of comments about unseasonably cool.

Oh my fashion day---I certainly don't need anything but I can certainly be tempted to look.

I don't have need for heavy winter items--as we only need a coat infrequently but I do love sweaters.

I did see the TSV offering. I was gifted some and they are fabulous.

Valued Contributor

Good morning, it is unseasonably cool here, feels like fall!

I have been tempted by the scrub daddys at bb&b where I could use a coupon, maybe when I have used up some of my cleaning supplies. Right now I do not need anything like that.

I got a note yesterday from a dear friend who is also a widow, that said (I am paraphrasing) that she hoped that my loneliness was bearable and my new routine was acceptable. I was sharing this with my DS and he said that made him sad he wanted so much more for me than accepable and bearable. I thought was a wonderful thought and realize that he is right.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Good for you with the fitness center Jean. I can certainly understand you being reluctant to go to the city when it ends up costing so much just for gasoline and lunch. I used to avoid going to Wal-Mart too much since I always ended up spending at least $60, but now that I live so close I have learned to restrain myself -- about time. I was very interested in the TSV until I compared the price on Amazon -- with S&H, etc., the TSV is more expensive. Of course, the Amazon ones are all one color and not so nicely packaged. Not sure if I'll buy them or not -- decisions, decisions.

Sorry your weather is so cool -- a number of my "winter visitor" friends are complaining about the lack of summer where they have their other homes. Not a problem here for sure. I think it will make it up to 100 degrees or so today as it did yesterday.

That is a nice looking top, and it seems like it would be good for me as well -- I don't like anything too tight or too loose, and I don't mind polyester. Regarding your suggestion from yesterday -- I used to wear the "short" inseam jeans when I could find them, but they are not often available. Like I said, sometimes petite does work for me, but sometimes not. I just have to play it by ear. Not that I need any long pants or short pants for that matter. I am actually thinking about buying a pair of shorts -- just to wear around the house. I keep going back and forth on this since I would be replacing a pair that I spilled bleach or something on. Since I only wear them at home, and DH would never notice the spotted pair, it is only my problem. Seems sort of silly.

I'm still praying for your niece. To all my praying friends, I would appreciate your prayers for the family of one of Army DGS's friends. He died of cancer last Saturday. It was a struggle for him, but he did graduate from high school (from the hospital for the last several months). I am sure Dale's family is having a very difficult time dealing with his death and would welcome your prayers.

Hi LindaR -- glad you like those sponges -- seems like they are popular to be sure.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Rosa, twinny, Karen, Susan, Marijane, Sonya, Gayle, Val, Gina, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I'm feeling good today! The back pain is mostly gone, so I canceled my doctor appointment for tomorrow morning. And, I expect my physical therapy session this morning will be the last. I still have a little dizziness, and some pain from the accident, but I really feel I have turned the corner. I feel very blessed.

My gym session yesterday went well, and I plan to go to Curves this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I agree with your son Rosa. Still praying for you.

Respected Contributor

Rosa, my friend told me that after her husband passed away (pancreatic cancer, found out and 2mo later he was gone) that people would say things and 2 days later she would be thinking "what did they mean by THAT?" Your friend probably feels bad for you and just wanted to let you know she loves you and is thinking of you. She just chose the wrong words, as DS heard the literal meaning. I would wish much more for you than "bearable" or "acceptable" as well and I'm sure your friend does.

Linda, so happy your pain is leaving and that the dizziness is slowly going away. I will add your young friend's family to my prayer list (and as our pastor says to do, pray RIGHT NOW!) I've gotten so picky since I started chatting with you ladies!! Now, if it doesn't fit just right I am learning to realize it and send it/take it back. Something before I would just buy and hold on to things and try to make them work.

I love the scrub Daddy's - was also gifted with some - and now spreading the love. So I will likely get them - love those colors. MJ is the one who sent them to me (some of you might remember her) and said that the smiley is so happy in her kitchen and I have to agree. Even DH likes them!

I felt better last night and managed to get several things done around the house before going to bed. This morning got to boot camp which was even better!

Respected Contributor

Jean I did not mean to leave you out. That top is very pretty and I love the 3/4 length sleeve. I can see how the poly blends wouldn't bother you in your climate. This time of year I pull out and mostly wear all my cotton tops. Even if it has a long sleeve it's often cooler than those other fabric mixes, otherwise I would be tempted to order too!

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, like you we are having the cooler weather. It is a shame that I have to wear a thin fleece jacket when I go out today. I had my hair cut this morning, boy it feels so much better. Good job on the fitness center, I need to revisiting exercising here.

LindaR - Wish I could send you some of this cooler weather, and you could send us some of yours.

LindaL - Glad you feeling better today, don't over do it and have you back act up again.

Rosa - Glad you hear from you, I do hope everyday gets better for you. You should want you days to be more than bearable.

Not much on the schedule for today, I did get my ironing done this morning, and I have to go out and get a card. I know you are all jealous of my exciting life here. After that I do need to come home and do some more cleaning.

Off to get some caffeine and get moving, have a good afternoon everyone.

Respected Contributor

Rosa: I do so understand. Hugs to you dear lady.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--As far as the short length is concerned compared to petite, I've seen them in Kohls and also via the Quacker Factory line. I'm so happy that the pain is diminishing. Sometimes, it just takes time...and often we want things to happen faster than what nature wants. I may be projecting as I'm guilty of that. Thank you for the prayers for my niece. Indeed, prayers are forthcoming for the family dealing with the death of someone so young. I know the family needs support and that DGS also feels the pain of losing someone he knew.

Rosa--I think your friend's message was made with good intentions, but the phrasing wasn't the best. Grieving is such an individual process and I'm sure that your DH would want you to eventually live a life that is more than acceptable or bearable. You will have your ups and downs with the grieving process but you will chart a new life that defines you as an individual, one that is more than bearable or acceptable.

LindaR and Kathleen--The Scrub Daddy's are great and I can see how those in boxes would make a great gift that makes people think of you whenever they are used. They certainly would be a good stocking stuffer or token gift if an individual box were used.

Susan--Your life is as exciting as mine, but I'm allergic to ironing thus easy to care for fabrics and clothing work for me.

Living in a rural area is a challenge. Prices are higher because of lack of competition. Shopping for "fashions" involves the Dollar Stores. We used to have stores that sold nice clothing but that is a thing of the past. If you want something decent to eat, one has to go to the city 50+ miles away or settle for the local pizza place. It seems pizza, etc. is the biggie as there are three pizza, etc. places within an 8 mile radius. As I type this, I am thinking how nice it would be even to have a Mickey D's here....and I don't like Mickey D except for its coffee. Give me a Wendy's, Burger King or an Arby's instead of Mickey D.

It is time for the afternoon Kindle break. Afterwards, I'll do some more things around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean I grew up in a rural town in Iowa, where the grocery was a 30minute drive. I remember moving to Texas and being amazed that we got on the INTERSTATE just to go to the bank. ha ha When I'm in Arlington I am finagling 3 Interstates. Pizza is big here too and I don't hardly ever eat it. I filled out a Six Flags survey yesterday and my one complaint was there is no healthy food. I had to hunt to find a salad. What book are you reading now?