Respected Contributor

There's More!......Sneak Peek - Short Jacket & Boot Skirt!

WOW!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> ” THE BLACK SHORT JACKET & BOOT SKIRT”</h3>

August 20147

The one and only jacket I will have on my Aug 1st show is my new SHORT, BUTTON FRONT JACKET, A257280. The fabric is brand NEW……It is a blend of RAYON/POLY/SPAN, and it is very similar in weight to the fabric I used for the Caviar, Camel and Black jacket and pant of last fall…so it is substantial and necessary to hold this shape…..but they are NOT the same fabric. The jacket is unlined for maximum stretch and comfort and it has snap out shoulder pads. The CLASSIC SHIRT COLLAR is perched on a stand similar to one you would see on a TRENCH COAT. There are five unique buttons down the front that look like horn. There is, for lack of a better description, a peplum bottom….but it is not shirred or ruffled in any way. It lies smooth and flat against the body….so in fact…. it really is just an extension of the jacket. The jacket has top stitched body seams and body darts for a gentle shaping…………………………….Now that I have given you the description of the jacket…..let’s discuss…SHORT JACKETS………….Designers do not design short jacket for short people…..we design them with everyone in mind. The models that wear them walking down the runways are at least 5’9? and they look great in them….OK….I hear you…..you are not a model…that makes no difference. These jackets are not fit for a model…they are fit for you. Jac is 5’10 & 1/4? tall and she looks great in this jacket……yes Jac is special, but believe me she knows clothes, and she knows what will work or not. So tall ladies…don’t shy away from short jackets….they can be a great look for you. One way to wear this proportion that may be easier for you….especially if you are long waisted….is to wear a longer top or sweater as shown in the photos about. This way you can’t tell where the waist is. There are many ways for these jackets to work for one and all…………………….Above, I have the jacket shown very casually on the left….with my ivory WK Turtle Neck, A72448, and jeans. A real Saturday LOOK………It almost has a military look…….For dressier occasions wear it with the new PETROL BLUE TANK TOP, A237404…..and the new BOOT LENGTH SKIRT, A257285…..Let’s talk about the new skirt which is the same fabric as the jacket. It is a boot length and the measurements are given on the QVC Linea site. It, like the jacket, is a WOVEN STRETCH FABRIC…..not a knit. It is unlined….The skirt has a slight A-LINE SILHOUETTE….it is not STRAIGHT as you might believe from the QVC photo. It has a perfectly clean front with two darts, and there is a center back seam with an invisible zipper and a button on the CONTOUR WAIST BAND…….PLEASE NOTICE the way the model is accessorized in the QVC photo…..that is a great example of what NOT TO DO! It is a HUGE PET PEEVE of mine to see a woman in a boot length skirt with bare or nude legs and a pump. I am very well aware that many women wear their skirts this way and if it makes them happy continue to do so….but it looks out of proportion to me. When you are wearing a long skirt in the Fall and Winter you must wear, IMHO, either boots or dark tights and a shoe bootie…that balances the weight of the skirt to the leg………….Agree or don’t agree, I can only guide, I can’t decree…………..Naturally, all of the jewelry in the photos is LINEA….and if it is not avail. now….it will be avail this season……………………scroll down…………………enjoy……………………..much Love…………………….Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> : THE BRICK RED SHORT JACKET & SKIRT”</h3>

August 20146

What is BRICK RED???? I think it would be easier to tell you what it isn’t…..It is not Ruby. or the Spring Red….it is not Aubergine or Sangria….It is not as BRIGHT as my photos would have you believe….sorry about that! It is a deep warm cherry red with a touch of brown to make it BRICK…..if that description helps you in any way….God bless you!….LOL….The buttons are Black with a touch of Brick in the center….JEANS….BLACK PANTS and the matching BRICK SKIRT…with BOOTS…..will all make wonderful outfits to suit any lifestyle…..The WHISPER KNIT SCARF, A257914, is NEW THIS SEASON. It is approx. the size of the POSH KNIT scarf so it is a GREAT VERSATILE SIZE. We will be selling it later in the season with a GIFT BOX for Holiday giving. The box is designed with the same signature logo as the wrapper for the tights. It will come with a box, tissue and a silver elastic cord….so it is already for you to give away….or gift YOURSELF!………..The BOLD GOLD HOOPS, J288005 have been reordered….This Fall a MUST HAVE NECKLACE will be the GRADUATED BALL NECKLACE in four wonderful metal color…Linea Gold and the new Linea Silver, Linea Gunmetal and Linea Chocolate……I know you will want to have every one……………..they are ESSENTIALS!……………………………………………………

……………………………………………………………………………………………..enjoy……………….much Love…………………………………………..Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: There's More!......Sneak Peek - Short Jacket & Boot Skirt!

Great looking jacket and I'm mulling over what Louis said about short jackets working for tall women. I usually shy away from them, but I like the tailored look.

Honored Contributor

I think I gotta have that jacket!

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

My eyes still have trouble getting used to shirts/sweaters hanging beneath jackets and cardis. I wish I could get past it - it would probably elongate my short torso and help me look less old....sigh... you'd think that alone would change my mind. Maybe I'll try again with this jacket. That look with the ivory t-neck and jeans has got me all over it.

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 GraceCO said:

Great looking jacket and I'm mulling over what Louis said about short jackets working for tall women. I usually shy away from them, but I like the tailored look.

I am tall and I wear short jackets but I am not long waisted. I think that might make a difference.

Valued Contributor

I am short and short-waisted therefore I really appreciate shorter jackets. However I have so many jackets as it is I have vowed not to buy anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I just love a fitted shorter jacket. Can't wait until its available!!!!

Frequent Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Sammijo said:

My eyes still have trouble getting used to shirts/sweaters hanging beneath jackets and cardis. I wish I could get past it - it would probably elongate my short torso and help me look less old....sigh... you'd think that alone would change my mind. Maybe I'll try again with this jacket. That look with the ivory t-neck and jeans has got me all over it.

Sammijo, you're not alone. I feel ridiculous with shirts/sweaters hanging out beneath jackets. And though at 5'6" I'm average height, I am long waisted and busty; short jackets just look silly on me.

Trusted Contributor

Love this jacket and am so getting the red!

Regular Contributor

Love this - love the red color and love that it's unlined and looks so great with jeans!! Okay - I love the black too but I have about 20 black jackets alreadySmiley Wink