Honored Contributor

Do Hunter Boots Run Really Large

I ordered a pair of Hunter rainboots from Nordstroms and was disappointed they didn't fit. I wear a size six and a half or six depending upon the shoe. I ordered a size six as it said half sizes size one size down. It was HUGE on me! I can't believe I should have ordered a size five. Do these boot run really big?

Contributor

Re: Do Hunter Boots Run Really Large

Did you get the shorter moto Hunter boots? I don't know if all Hunter boots run that large, but I got those from the Nordstrom sale and they are really big. I haven't tried them on with socks yet and I just don't know if a whole size down from what I normally wear would fit either. Will be interested in other replies.

Honored Contributor

Yes those are the ones I got! They were more stylish than some of the others I would have to wear three pairs of socks to make these work!
Esteemed Contributor

My GD loves Hunter boots. I ordered her the ruby ones last Anniversary sale for last Christmas. She wears a 7, that's what I ordered & they fit her fine. You must be careful of your calve size though because they would not fit my daughter & she is a size 7 also.

Contributor

I ordered the Tall Moto from the sale. I wear a 10, ordered a 10 and they fit perfect with a mid weight sock.

Can you exchange or are you afraid the 5's won't fit? Are you able to get to a store to try them on?

Super Contributor

Hunter boots are designed to be worn with an insert (sold separately)...it's kind of like a sock with a boot topper. If you want to wear the boot without the insert, then you should size down. BTW, this insert DOES NOT replace your sock...it is in addition to your sock. Not sure if we have any UK ladies, but these boots are known as "wellies" as in Duchess Kate rocks adorable wellies...and I should add that Kate has famously switched brands to a far more expensive brand of wellies.

Valued Contributor

Purchased the classic Hunter Green last fall, and they do run very large in calf area and foot bed. I did NOT purchase the inserts as really only wanted the boots for the dreary parking lots in Western WA in winter and not to ruin all my pretty leather boots! I usually change my boots when arriving into my office. On the really nasty weather days, though I have worn them all day for errands. I should purchase inserts when I visit Nordy's later today! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I just wanted to chime in, I love these boots but I don't have a pair, I am working up the money but has anyone see the cute colorful boots here on QVC??? Here is a link ---

there are a lot of nice cowboy rain boots and general rain boots...take a look

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=rain+boots

Valued Contributor

I have two pair of Hunters. I bought the green Wellies.. the original and yes they run big.

I put inserts in them but still needed to use heavy socks. I love them but on long walks (like my dog walks) - they got really heavy. So I bought a second pair - the packable ones. They are definitely easier for long walks but I found them too small in the same size as the Wellies.

I will use both pairs but I was really surprised at the difference.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 bettybatwing said:

I ordered the Tall Moto from the sale. I wear a 10, ordered a 10 and they fit perfect with a mid weight sock.

Can you exchange or are you afraid the 5's won't fit? Are you able to get to a store to try them on?

I'm afraid the size 5 would be too small. Anyway they are sold out and unavailable now, so I guess it wasn't't meant to be!