Contributor

Any one else tired of jeans not being jeans. I am tired of thin material, not crazy about the knit material-or material with a lot of spandex.

I found some old D&C jeans-about 6 years old-they are real jeans. They have real weight to them. Plus they aren't weird color denim-like DG2 jeans. I wish they would bring back those type of jeans.

Super Contributor

You can find ""real jeans"" lots of place on line ...

Honored Contributor

I love GAP jeans. They have a lot of great sales too.

Honored Contributor

I do not own any non-real jeans.

I think the world has room for all sorts of jeans for all sorts of people.

Super Contributor

"Real jeans" are out there, just maybe not on home shopping channels. My guess would be that this is because many home shopping viewers are specifically looking for jeans with a more forgiving and comfortable fit than "real jeans" provide. This is probably why most jeans here are offered with spandex or other type of material.

But in B&M stores, "real jeans" are readily available. GAP, American Eagle, GUESS, Old Navy, etc. If you have a stand-alone Levi's near you, I would suggest you head there first if you truly want a "weightier" jean.

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with you on the ""jean"" thing. They are mostly knits now and the so called denim jeans really do have too much spandex in them.

I buy my jeans from LL Bean. They have the good ol' 100% cotton jeans with a good weight plus free shipping.

Honored Contributor
On 7/27/2014 Colonel Meow said:

"Real jeans" are out there, just maybe not on home shopping channels. My guess would be that this is because many home shopping viewers are specifically looking for jeans with a more forgiving and comfortable fit than "real jeans" provide. This is probably why most jeans here are offered with spandex or other type of material.

But in B&M stores, "real jeans" are readily available. GAP, American Eagle, GUESS, Old Navy, etc. If you have a stand-alone Levi's near you, I would suggest you head there first if you truly want a "weightier" jean.

It's the "age" factor. Though jeans are for everyone at any age, shopping networks create their own versions of it for a specific audience. Middle age women. Belly and hips. Not the same bodies as they were in their 20's. You can find cheaply made jeans (cotton with a pinch of spandex) at Gap, etc. The problem is squeezing in to them because all bodies are different and cheaply made jeans are produced from a pattern. Teens and 20's strapped for cash will buy Abercrombie & Fitch overseas cheap jeans too. There are premium jeans, but the problem is money as most women will not pay over $40.00 for jeans. The won't buy NYDJ which at least tries to address bodies. So they settle for QVC or HSN

Trusted Contributor

Lots of jeans, high end ones have polyester in them now, and I don't like them. The stretch and don't come back the way cotton with just a bit of lycra does.

Honored Contributor

I got an email from NYDJ announcing their new super stretch jeans. Why? They already had a lot of stretch! You can still find premium denim but it will cost you and you probably can't find any denim that doesn't have a little stretch. One of my girls loves Gap jeans, it's all she wears because she likes a real denim. There are many other companies that sell real denim. Fashions change, materials change; you can only go with the flow and shop around until you find what works for you. Because the clock isn't going to start running backwards. I bought Dg2 jeans back in the day, long before she started using newer material. I was hesitant but I took a chance and bought her last T S V. I refrained from mentally comparing them to the jeans I bought 10 years ago. That was then, this is now. They are a modern Jean, a skinny that fits my 50something year old butt and thighs. I went down a size due to the stretch and that was an ego boost because I would have to go up two sizes to get into a skinny made from real denim. And I still might have fit problems. They feel good, they look good, I have the look I want. So, there's something to be said for all this super stretch. For me anyway.

Super Contributor
On 7/27/2014 songbird said:
On 7/27/2014 Colonel Meow said:

It's the "age" factor. Though jeans are for everyone at any age, shopping networks create their own versions of it for a specific audience. Middle age women. Belly and hips. Not the same bodies as they were in their 20's. You can find cheaply made jeans (cotton with a pinch of spandex) at Gap, etc. The problem is squeezing in to them because all bodies are different and cheaply made jeans are produced from a pattern. Teens and 20's strapped for cash will buy Abercrombie & Fitch overseas cheap jeans too. There are premium jeans, but the problem is money as most women will not pay over $40.00 for jeans. The won't buy NYDJ which at least tries to address bodies. So they settle for QVC or HSN

I see what you're saying, and agree. However, I wouldn't consider Abercrombie jeans to be "cheap", most of their full price jeans start at around the $60 mark... not cheap for me, lol!