Valued Contributor

Diane Gilman new Bootcut Jeans super stretch

Came today orderd down a size as suggested.......................Petite longer than usual, and waist seemed stretched out. Ladies, anyone get these jean? How did they fit?

Respected Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman new Bootcut Jeans super stretch

I just got my SS boot cut, perfect fit. I wonder if yours isn't actually petite, mislabeled? Check the click here measurements...I think they have that?
Valued Contributor

Mustangshar, was the waist OK?

Esteemed Contributor

I gave in and ordered a DG pair last year during another TS event that I sent back. I really don't see the appeal of her jeans. What am I missing? I will say she is a great salesperson that's for sure!
Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Mustangshar said: I just got my SS boot cut, perfect fit. I wonder if yours isn't actually petite, mislabeled? Check the click here measurements...I think they have that?

Did you stick with your true size?

I didn't order these but a few weeks ago I ordered the SS jeggings. I am so not a jeggings person but Colleen convinced me on these. LOL I ordered my usual size and they fit perfectly but I've not had an occasion to wear them for any amount of time so I have no idea if they are going to stretch all out and become too big.

I can't imagine being able to go down a size because I'd never get them up past my hips right out of the package.

Respected Contributor

I tried this superstretch fabric in the Bermuda shorts that were offered a while ago. I'm not a fan. I did not order down a size because the garment measurements suggested I should buy my regular size, and there's a whole lot of yammering that goes on during the endless loop presentation of these DG TSVs, but not a lot of useful information stated about fit, who (other than Diane) is wearing what size, etc. So I crossed my fingers and ordered.

I'm not a fan of strangely colored bottoms, so I got the indigo and the black. Several weeks down the road, now, and every one of those weeks of wearing them to CrossFit (the purpose for which I bought them), I can state that I would not buy DG2 Bermudas or anything made from superstretch again.

These babies stretch - a lot - and in my opinion, they do not recover. I am putting them to a pretty big test - running, lunging, bending, sweating, stooping, lifting tractor tires. About twenty minutes into the workout they have stretched so much - EVERYWHERE - that I've got the dreaded granny crotch. (You know it, girls. It is dreaded no matter WHAT you are doing.) These shorts slip down so low on my hips that it either impedes my performance while doing squats and lunges, or I have to wear a big grampy belt to keep them up around my waist. The legs stretch out horizontally, too, and the look is more of "bloomer" than "slim leg Bermuda." So I can't imagine buying a pair of jeans in this material. I don't want a pair of jeans with pantaloon-type legs by the end of the second hour. I also don't think the fabric really looks like denim, and I'm kind of a stickler for having my jeans look like they are made of real jean material (denim).

So that's my take on the DG2 line and the superstretch material.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Favorite Son said:

I tried this superstretch fabric in the Bermuda shorts that were offered a while ago. I'm not a fan. I did not order down a size because the garment measurements suggested I should buy my regular size, and there's a whole lot of yammering that goes on during the endless loop presentation of these DG TSVs, but not a lot of useful information stated about fit, who (other than Diane) is wearing what size, etc. So I crossed my fingers and ordered.

I'm not a fan of strangely colored bottoms, so I got the indigo and the black. Several weeks down the road, now, and every one of those weeks of wearing them to CrossFit (the purpose for which I bought them), I can state that I would not buy DG2 Bermudas or anything made from superstretch again.

These babies stretch - a lot - and in my opinion, they do not recover. I am putting them to a pretty big test - running, lunging, bending, sweating, stooping, lifting tractor tires. About twenty minutes into the workout they have stretched so much - EVERYWHERE - that I've got the dreaded granny crotch. (You know it, girls. It is dreaded no matter WHAT you are doing.) These shorts slip down so low on my hips that it either impedes my performance while doing squats and lunges, or I have to wear a big grampy belt to keep them up around my waist. The legs stretch out horizontally, too, and the look is more of "bloomer" than "slim leg Bermuda." So I can't imagine buying a pair of jeans in this material. I don't want a pair of jeans with pantaloon-type legs by the end of the second hour. I also don't think the fabric really looks like denim, and I'm kind of a stickler for having my jeans look like they are made of real jean material (denim).

So that's my take on the DG2 line and the superstretch material.

favorite son, it sounds like you are describing DG2 jeans to a "T" whether they are super stretch or not. I didn't buy these so I can't comment on the super stretch - I just know that the jeans I started out buying from her were great several years ago. But the last couple of years, I've sent back most of what I've bought and now refuse to even watch her. If you read a lot of the reviews, sometimes it gets pretty bad. They tout how many millions of jeans she's sold, but they don't talk about how many have apparently been returned, judging from the reviews. I have to wear a belt with mine in order to keep from constantly yanking them up, and I can take some of them off without even unbuttoning or unzipping them - that's how much they stretch. And some of mine have an odd texture to them now that doesn't look like real denim. My new favorite is the Denim & Co How Smooth boot cut, but I only got four pair of the originals and now they've pretty much ruined them in the straight leg. Too bad people can't leave a good thing alone - everytime they try to "improve" something that people already love, they just destroy what we loved about it.

Respected Contributor

On 7/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 7/23/2014 Mustangshar said: I just got my SS boot cut, perfect fit. I wonder if yours isn't actually petite, mislabeled? Check the click here measurements...I think they have that?

I didn't order these but a few weeks ago I ordered the SS jeggings. I am so not a jeggings person but Colleen convinced me on these. LOL I ordered my usual size and they fit perfectly but I've not had an occasion to wear them for any amount of time so I have no idea if they are going to stretch all out and become too big.

I can't imagine being able to go down a size because I'd never get them up past my hips right out of the package.

I did size down in SS. But jeggings fit different I have never had a good fit with them, LOL. Too small
Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 Mustangshar said:
On 7/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I did size down in SS. But jeggings fit different I have never had a good fit with them, LOL. Too small

LOL. This was my first try with DG's superstretch. I've tried her other jeans and they are always a no go because of my pear shape. They are huge in my waist.

These jeggings fit perfectly right now, including in the waist. I do have to do a shimmy to get the waist over my hips but then it's all good. I'm worried about the stretch out though.

I think I'm going to wear them tomorrow night to an outdoor event I am attending just so I can get them worn for a significant amount of time before the 30 days is up.

Thanks for your help.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never order a super stretch fabric.