Super Contributor

Lori's interview in Wild Magazine

Love her style and philosophy ...

Check out the interview:

She believes clothing to be the medium through which we are all permitted to externalize our innermost, suppressed desires and fantastical conceptions of the self. And with this boundless expressivity comes no set of rules, no right or wrong, no uptight, predetermined definitions.

Super Contributor

Re: Lori's interview in Wild Magazine

Kathleen, I was just going to post a link to the same interview. I really enjoyed it. The quote I loved was:

What’s a taboo or stereotype I’d like to break down? The pretty girl, the perfect girl, the rich girl. All those things that certain magazines tout and think are fabulous. I’m sure, through my work, you can see I’m sort of the anti-that. If there’s any stereotype I’d constantly like to break down it’s that pretty, blonde girl that everybody thinks they want to be. No, I think we’re all gorgeous in our own way ...

Super Contributor

On 7/24/2014 okiebug said:

Kathleen, I was just going to post a link to the same interview. I really enjoyed it. The quote I loved was:

What’s a taboo or stereotype I’d like to break down? The pretty girl, the perfect girl, the rich girl. All those things that certain magazines tout and think are fabulous. I’m sure, through my work, you can see I’m sort of the anti-that. If there’s any stereotype I’d constantly like to break down it’s that pretty, blonde girl that everybody thinks they want to be. No, I think we’re all gorgeous in our own way ...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

"She believes clothing to be the medium through which we are all permitted to externalize our innermost, suppressed desires and fantastical conceptions of the self. And with this boundless expressivity comes no set of rules, no right or wrong, no uptight, predetermined definitions."

She may have had and still have a brilliant career in fashion, and I like parts of her overall philosophy. I've never been tempted to purchase her QVC fashions, although on their own, and not layered one on another on another, they might look okay on certain body types. But as far as Lori's personal style on QVC, I think it leaves a lot to be desired. I have to wonder what "fantastical conceptions of the self" are represented in her QVC "look"....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

Her look just looks " comfortable casual" to me. Not high end, not designer. Her philosophy is good, but her line on Q? One word: marketable.