Respected Contributor

Upcoming August Spanx TSV - Check Other Retailer Reviews Before Buying

During August there will be a TSV for the Spanx "Look at Me" cotton legging. I was interested in this product because it will be offered in burgundy, a color that is difficult to find. I am looking for this color to wear with an Eileen Fisher wool camisole dress. I started searching for the legging in the burgundy color at other retailers, in order to see if it will be offered at a lower price and/or with free shipping. The reviews seem to be universally bad because the tights consistently develop holes in the crotch area. If you're interested, you can check out the reviews for the Look at Me legging on Amazon. No matter what the style or length, they seem to be pretty bad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming August Spanx TSV - Check Other Retailer Reviews Before Buying

Maybe it should be called ""Don't Look at Me!"".

Respected Contributor

Or "Don't Wear These if You Have Thighs."

Shocking, isn't it? Review after review stating that holes developed in the most inconvenient place.

I am so glad I looked at those reviews. I have bought so little clothing this year, keeping it mostly to essentials and a few whisper knits. It would have been very upsetting to get those tights, put them away for the cold November weather, and have the same experience that those Amazon purchasers had.

Super Contributor

Thank you for sharing this. It's so important to read reviews about things like this.

I bought some cotton leggings from Legacy legwear on QVC years ago (embarrassed to say how many because I still wear them) and they are great quality.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair I bought elsewhere. I like them, but I don't love them. They run super small as an FYI.

With s/h and tax, these are not a great value either. Zella leggings from Nordstroms are about as nice, and they are now on sale!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Thank you so much, OP, for the heads up! And to winnamac, for the tip about the Nordie discount for Zilla.

Valued Contributor

I swear by reviews, when a today's special comes on that I like, I ALWAYS, DO A CHECK order and wait for reviews a few days later, then I change it to a credit card order. That saves me a lot of money. Also for those who don't know, QVC allows you to do check orders and the order is available for two weeks before it is cancelled. During that timeframe, you can read the reviews, and switch the order to a credit card order.

I never or I should say, RARELY do I do immediate charge card purchases without reading reviews.

Super Contributor

As I was checking out Nordstrom for leggings, I found these.... don't have words (sorry for the huge image....don't know how to make it small):

'Racer Run' Running Skort

Super Contributor

Susan I have seen those before and I don't really know what they would be used for. LOGO by Lori Goldstein has a similar pair of skirted leggings sold at Q. I have also seen a pair of these (long leggings not the short type) sold at Athleta. Odd piece of clothing IMO.

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 mustbuyless said:

Thank you so much, OP, for the heads up! And to winnamac, for the tip about the Nordie discount for Zilla.

I will also add that the Zella items from Nordies are such great quality. They really are nice pants. I have some yoga pants from there. Have not tried the leggings but since they are on sale I may add them to my closet. I love the pants I have.