Frequent Contributor

I am seriously questioning QVC's ordering amounts...A253384

I missed out on this tunic. After watching the video, they stated that they had 1400 tunics. Now divide 1400 by 9 sizes, that's 155 (approx) then divide the 155 for each size by 3 colors, that's about 50 of each color per size. Really, 50 tops in each color in each size for a company the size of QVC?! Something is seriously wrong with either the buyer or the amount of money they let the buyer purchase with. Most new items sell out, sometimes even before they are shown. Most are on waitlist for about 5 minutes after sell out, ok so maybe that is an exageration, but waitlist doesn't last very long. It seems like if you don't stay up til midnight of the day the item is to be shown, your chance of getting it is slim. QVC, you need to realize you have a nice size base of purchasers and should purchase accordingly. I know not everyone is a Linea fan, but really 50 items per color, per size is nothing. Come on QVC, you can do better!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I am seriously questioning QVC's ordering amounts...A253384

I was shocked when they said 1400. 700 is their average number.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the world of QVC and Linea inventory. A total mystery.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 TexasMom1 said:

Welcome to the world of QVC and Linea inventory. A total mystery.

I totally agree what is the problem.

Valued Contributor

I complain to QVC all the time about this..............never bring in enough LINEA. On the good side just received Bob Mackie jacket that was on waitlist. Only had to wait 2 weeks.

Frequent Contributor

My (slightly paranoid) theory about this is that they order just enough to keep the women who purchase the Linea line engaged with the Q in hopes they will also purchase from other lines that are more profitable for the company (Denim & Co, Susan Graver, etc). I also imagine that Louis fights to keep the quality of his clothing as high as possible within the price point requirements of the Q which also means less profit for the company. This is another motivation for the buyers to order fewer garments in a particular Linea style.

There has been a noticeable decline in the quality of the all clothing lines on the Q in recent years and I think that the only reason many of us who buy from Linea watch the Q at all is because of this line. I know that I would probably not purchase anything from this shopping network without Louis and his designs as well as his wonderful styling presentations.

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 FreddieMac said:

My (slightly paranoid) theory about this is that they order just enough to keep the women who purchase the Linea line engaged with the Q in hopes they will also purchase from other lines that are more profitable for the company (Denim & Co, Susan Graver, etc). I also imagine that Louis fights to keep the quality of his clothing as high as possible within the price point requirements of the Q which also means less profit for the company. This is another motivation for the buyers to order fewer garments in a particular Linea style.

There has been a noticeable decline in the quality of the all clothing lines on the Q in recent years and I think that the only reason many of us who buy from Linea watch the Q at all is because of this line. I know that I would probably not purchase anything from this shopping network without Louis and his designs as well as his wonderful styling presentations.

Good points and you are most likely correct. The only fashions I buy from QVC now are Linea and I've been an avid Q shopper for over 20 years. See such a decline in quality of other lines. I won't even be tempted any more by SG (which I bought in huge amounts for years), Denim & Co., etc. Also decided I'm not buying any other items from QVC unless they are an exceptional value (like some TSV items) in cosmetics, etc. If I can get an item from another site or locally without paying QVC's excessive shipping, I will do that. Returns are too costly also. I'm watching less and less due to the hard sell the hosts are doing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have spent a lot of money at QVC for many years between Dooney, clothing, accessories, shoes, beauty products you name it. Now as I drag myself to clean out and discard I see other purchases that I must say I have no idea why I spent the money and I am seriously thinking of selling on ebay, but my Linea stays it is timeless the quality remains no matter how many years ago I brought it I can still incorporate it in my wardrobe today and I have never had to return a Linea item because the quality was an issue but QVC is getting on my nerves with the quantity that they bring in.

Has Linea ever had a TSV I don't remember or did I missed it? I believe he has had One Time Only.

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 LuvitorLIT said:

I have spent a lot of money at QVC for many years between Dooney, clothing, accessories, shoes, beauty products you name it. Now as I drag myself to clean out and discard I see other purchases that I must say I have no idea why I spent the money and I am seriously thinking of selling on ebay, but my Linea stays it is timeless the quality remains no matter how many years ago I brought it I can still incorporate it in my wardrobe today and I have never had to return a Linea item because the quality was an issue but QVC is getting on my nerves with the quantity that they bring in.

Has Linea ever had a TSV I don't remember or did I missed it? I believe he has had One Time Only.

His most recent TSV was the peblum jacket in ponte knit which was early 2013, I think. It had been 6 or 7 years or maybe more since he had a TSV. He did have a few (two I can recall) many years ago.

Respected Contributor

Here's what I currently purchase from the Q:

Linea--lots, lots and lots---this is the primary reason I shop at QVC and has been for a long time

Aimee Kestenberg handbags--my new FAVE--have about 7 of her bags (but I don't need any more). I quit B. Makowsky a long time ago. I did pick up a orYANY Tote earlier this year.

Judith Ripka---used to buy tons, now very little (have all I will ever need)

Make-up and Skin Care (you know, since hope springs eternal Cool): StriVectin, Philip Thomas Roth, Philosophy, Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, Mally, It Cosmetics, Tarte, Dr. Denese, Dr. Dennis Gross, Lipstick Queen, Nick Chavez, ProStrong, Fresh,

Garden: Cottage Farms, Roberta's

Shoes: Orthaheel sandals

Electronics: an occasional piece, like a camera

Household: an occasional piece like DuraFlame Heater, a ladder...

Without Linea, I'd likely stop shopping at the Q altogether.....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel