Honored Contributor

Just got an email; another Birkis/Papillio show cancelled....

.... originally scheduled for 4/29.

I'd say the writing's on the wall.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Re: Just got an email; another Birkis/Papillio show cancelled....

Not surprising. Orthoheel seems to dominate now. Oh, well, at least Birkenstocks will continue to be available elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Not surprising. Orthoheel seems to dominate now. Oh, well, at least Birkenstocks will continue to be available elsewhere.

At better prices. I seldom bought them from the Q, but I used to like to window shop the shows.

Super Contributor

I got the same e-mail. Seems they don't want to sell Birkenstocks any longer. I for one, will not buy Othoheels. Can't wear them at all. I can find Birks at other places, but QVC had more with backstraps and a better selection.

Occasional Contributor

It looks like QVC is phasing out Birkenstocks. Oh well, I have too many as it is. I have a bunch of new, never worn, that I thought about selling on EBay through a friend, but that didn't really work out. May try to find a place to donate them, not Goodwill where they are just bought at a fraction of the cost, but maybe to a church who would take things to Appalachia or to disaster areas.

Esteemed Contributor

While I agree that this brand is not on QVC's hot list at this time until QVC stops scheduling shows in the first place they still have some life left. If the shows are put on the schedule and then cancelled that probably means Birkenstock outfit which supplies QVC isn't coming through with the necessary inventory to have the shows. If QVC were really pushing the brand out totally they wouldn't bother teasing you with shows on the schedule. They aren't that devious. The same thing has happened several time over the past year with B. Makowsky handbag shows.