Trusted Contributor

How Are You Wearing Your Fronds?

After much deliberation, I finally ordered the new Palm Frond long station necklace along with the earrings. Both arrived yesterday and I love them both!

My first happy discovery is that the necklace is terrific with my fish from last year. Worn together they are just the right amount of layering in the summer. I always thought my fish looked rather lonely all by itself, and now it looks well accompanied.

The second happy discovery is that I can double the long station necklace for a variety of different looks depending on how I adjust it.

The earrings (pierced) are not too heavy or big for me, and I have rather fine features. They will be great even worn solo with summer tanks when I want just a bit of bling. I will also wear them with the long station necklace.

How will you be wearing your delightful fronds?

Honored Contributor

Re: How Are You Wearing Your Fronds?

Barbara, I will be wearing my short goldtone necklace with open necklines only. I'm excited to have it enhance the "Sophia" dresses (I have the chili pepper and black) and all my scoop neck solid tops. Like you, I noticed that the plating was very much like that of the goldtone fish and thought of bringing the little darling some additional radiance. I'm thinking that many of the crinkle shirt with tank sets would simmer with this necklace, too.

As for my long silvertone necklace, I see that with my truffle faux-wrap knit skirt and ballerina top in addition to that ruby red outfit. The necklace, as we saw Louis style it, comes alive against deep blues. I have many of those in the knits.

The goldtone earrings will be worn with my long goldtone necklace more than the short. However, I know I am going to dare to go all one color in my attire and decorate myself with the short necklace, plus the earrings. I'm not going to deny myself the pleasure.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I think you have to "bring it" with these pieces! And I intend to do so with more bare skin showing in the warm weather months.

I haven't tried mine as yet with my crinkle georgette safari shirt/tank combos. But that sounds great to me! Also with the Sophia dress, which I have in black. I also love them with my navy and also the black pebble crepe tunic tops.

Respected Contributor

No fronds here! Fig leaves, perhaps. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Frequent Contributor

I am wearing my long silver frond with the black safari set today! With white jeans, silver boyfriend watch and RLM rings, it looks great. We are dodging storms tonight, so I will keep mine safe on my body!
Trusted Contributor

On 4/23/2014 princessaurora said: I am wearing my long silver frond with the black safari set today! With white jeans, silver boyfriend watch and RLM rings, it looks great. We are dodging storms tonight, so I will keep mine safe on my body!

Oooooh, that sounds really pretty. Stay safe in the storms!

Trusted Contributor

Just a heads up! Louis posted on his blog that the palm frond and the fish pieces were part of the same collection. No wonder I like them so much together!

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

Yes, I think you have to "bring it" with these pieces! And I intend to do so with more bare skin showing in the warm weather months.

I haven't tried mine as yet with my crinkle georgette safari shirt/tank combos. But that sounds great to me! Also with the Sophia dress, which I have in black. I also love them with my navy and also the black pebble crepe tunic tops.

I think that's true--we have to "bring it" or we will get brought along, one way or the other!

Super Contributor

I like how Louis styled the frond station necklace with the love knot necklace!

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Whisper-Knit-Elbow-Sleeve-Sweater-Search-Results.product...

Respected Contributor

The fronds have become my new favorite pieces and summer isn't even here yet. I wore two gold fronds with my walnut WK tunic and the bold gold hoops, which I love with the fronds, and got many compliments, and I wore the silver long frond, the silver fish and silver bold hoops with my navy feather jersey tunic with the pockets and jeans and got lots of compliments. I'm saving the earrings and short fronds for a special even coming up. I have to be careful not to wear them too much!