Honored Contributor

Not Just the Design -- The Plating Is What Makes Palm Leaf Necklace a Wow

It struck me that what really makes the new Palm Leaf (or Palm Frond, if you wish) necklace such a beauty is its plating. I have the goldtone. The plating is every bit as heavy, with an authentic look, as a $179 Kenneth Cole necklace I own.

I really believe that Louis decided that he wanted the best in this piece that he could manage to give us within the constraints prescribed by QVC and a solid financial projection of what the market might bear. He fought for top-notch plating -- at least that is how it looks to me so far.

Super Contributor

Re: Not Just the Design -- The Plating Is What Makes Palm Leaf Necklace a Wow

You sound thrilled Goldie76! My aunt gave me her AK original - fingers X'd the gold will match that of the gold earring? I ordered the station necklace in both metal tones - can't hardly wait to receive...

BTW - thanks for posting you friend's scarf - Is that made of Alpaca thread? It looks hand-painted. My newest passion is painting on leather. Practicing painting pheasant feathers for a future shoe project - my engineered print design is still a work in progress - inspiration was Linea Featherprint (blouse w/matching skirt in Mushroom)!

Honored Contributor

NBW, I just e-mailed my friend, but she is away on holiday. I don't know the answer to your question, but here is her site. http://www.earthwindandfleece.com/alpaca-products.html It might be instructive.

I hope the golds match up for you. It is buttery but in a good way. Sometimes that description signals a phony look -- but not in the case of this necklace.

There you are, off on another adventure of self-discovery. You are unbelievable.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply & link - your girlfriend is my kinda girlfriend. We have lots in common - I was a short-lived alpaca breeder (once upon a time in AK -long story w/happy ending). To this day, my babies are busy having babies out in the Mat-Su Valley & I visit them often.

Plan to email your friend soon - hopefully she'll have time to chat. . . . .

Enjoy that necklace - it's a beauty!

Honored Contributor

NBW, what a coincidence that you bred alpacas at one time. I thought you and my friend were similar, but that similarity was totally unexpected.

Super Contributor

I received the palm station necklce today in gold and it really is beautiful!

Respected Contributor

For those considering the Palm Frond Collection - here's what's left:

Earrings Silvertone - Sold Out in Clip - Sold Out in Pierced.

Earrings Goldtone - 4 in Clip - 17 in Pierced.

Short Necklace Silvertone - 31

Short Necklace Goldtone - 27

Long Necklace Silvertone - Sold Out

Long Necklace Goldtone - 37

Valued Contributor

Seka - How do you know about the quantities?
Frequent Contributor

Loved the look but it was too heavy for me. At least one silvertone long is being returned.

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 1jac said: Seka - How do you know about the quantities?

1jac - This only works when you know the quantities for an Item are low - like the Palm Frond Collection. Put the Item into your Cart in multiples of 5 (the most the Q system will allow you to order per line Item). The Q system will only let you order 9 Items per order - so if there are fewer than 45 pieces in inventory this works.

The system will let you know if there is no more Inventory. Below is an example for the Palm Frond Earrings in Goldtone Clip option - I ordered 5 - it is telling me there are only 4.

Always make sure you empty your Cart if you try this.

We're sorry. We only have 4 of this item available.

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Palm Leaf Earrings
Goldtone / Clip On (Edit)
<table class="orderTable orderTable_new" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; width: 443px;" summary="Gift Option, Price, Quantity, and Subtotal information for item in Shopping Cart" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <colgroup span="5" width="20%"></colgroup> <thead> <tr> <th style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #c6c6c8;" scope="col">Gift Option</th> <th class="tdCurrency" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #c6c6c8;" scope="col">Price</th> <th class="tdNumber" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #c6c6c8;" scope="col">Quantity</th> <th class="tdCurrency" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #c6c6c8;" scope="col">S&H</th> <th class="tdCurrency1" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: right; line-height: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #c6c6c8;" scope="col">Subtotal</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal;"> Options</td> <td class="tdCurrency" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal;"> $49.50</td> <td class="tdNumber" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal;"> <fieldset style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; width: 80px; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;"> <select id="selProductQuantity_11" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 1px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 13px; color: #333333; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 14px; border-width: 1px; border-color: #b6b2a6; border-style: solid;" name="quantity_11"> <option value="1">1</option> <option value="2">2</option> <option value="3">3</option> <option selected="selected" value="4">4</option> </select></fieldset> </td> <td class="tdCurrency" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal;"> $12.42
(Save $7.46)</td> <td class="tdCurrency totalAllign" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 7px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; line-height: normal;"> $210.42</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
<input class="secondaryButton txt-save-for-later" style="background-image: url('http://www.qvc.com/wcsstore/US/content/images/btn_bkg_wht.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; height: 25px; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; font: normal normal bold 11px/normal Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #333333; cursor: pointer; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 24px; background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 0px;" type="button" value="Save For Later" /> <input class="secondaryButton txt-remove" style="background-image: url('http://www.qvc.com/wcsstore/US/content/images/btn_bkg_wht.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; height: 25px; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; font: normal normal bold 11px/normal Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #333333; cursor: pointer; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 24px; background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 0px;" type="button" value="Remove" />