Contributor
I need nice business casual clothes for work. What stores would you suggest?
Contributor
Any suggestions would be appreciated! What's your favorite women's clothing store?
Valued Contributor
It depends on your budget. Nordstrom is always good and you can sometimes find nice business casual clothing at Macy's. Also, The Loft usually has what you might need. Coldwater Creek and they will be dumping good things at great prices. I tried to stay with stores that may be near you.
Super Contributor
Ann Taylor is another company that has professional clothes. Talbots too.
Valued Contributor
Kohl's is a good place to start on a budget.
Honored Contributor

I think you could pick up some nice things at Coldwater Creek (before they go out of business), Talbots, J. Crew, Banana Republic, L.L. Bean, or Land's End.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Honored Contributor

The bay sometimes has good options...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Depends on what you are looking for and what business casual means where you are working but just about any place will have some clothes that would work out. The Q also has some nice choices.

Depends on your budget, but for me, I look for pieces that I can mix and match and add to it as time goes on. Just about everything I have can be worn in more than one way and mixed with the other pieces.

I was looking on line on what you need in your wardrobe so you have something to wear for every occasion and they always say you need a white blouse, dress pants, skirt, jacket, cardigan, dark wash jeans, a black dress and some accessories to help tie it all together. Stick with a couple of neutral colors and add a pop of color with your accessories. You can add a dress and change it up with the cardigan or jacket too.

I think it is fun to read that stuff and I also like looking at outfits that are put together already and get ideas from that.

One item I find that I use a lot is a jacket. Different styles and weights for different times of the year.

Honored Contributor

I like busygirl's rundown on the wardrobe. Was going to say that the most useful thing, IMO, is a good pair of well tailored black pants that will go casual or dressy. More $$$ maybe, but well worth the expense.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor
On 4/19/2014 lovestoteach said:

I like busygirl's rundown on the wardrobe. Was going to say that the most useful thing, IMO, is a good pair of well tailored black pants that will go casual or dressy. More $$$ maybe, but well worth the expense.

Agree and black pants to me is a must have.