Contributor

So happy about looser fitting pants!

I was at a store yesterday and noticed lots of wider leg pants as well as loose fitting patterned pants, similar to Susan's special value the other day only long and fuller at the bottom. I am ecstatic {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Skinny jeans and tunics have been shoved in my face everywhere i look for the last few years and they are just not flattering on my pear shape. I am actually excited about shopping.....

Trusted Contributor

Re: So happy about looser fitting pants!

I'm just the opposite. I've recently lost weight & really don't like baggy pants at all. I like having something like straight legs that is more flattering to me. It's nice that we both have options in pants/jeans style.

Honored Contributor

I just posted my rec for the Lisa Rinna drawstring bottom pants. These drape so nicely and they are looser, but not baggy or bunchy. They drape close to the body and have a shape similar to ones I have liked in the past. They are figure-flattering for my type of body -- which admittedly must be strange -- long torso, short legs, short height. These remind me of pants from the 50's (or maybe classic pants like one would see on a movie star of the past such as Lauren Bacall -- the 40's?)

Anyway, like you, I think I look best in pants that fall straight to the "bend" at the shoe... somehow I could never get the skinny leg pants to work for me.

Have fun and enjoy the newer pants style!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

I saw the lisa rinna pants and loved them! Not sure why i didn't try them...i think i was wishing they came in other colors. I like a lot of her clothes. I am 5'6"" and i think 5 feet of me is torso and 6 inches is leg. I hate it.

Contributor

Dang! All Lisa's drawstring pants are soldout except for the big sizes.

Honored Contributor

It's nice when we have choices. I've been seeing the wider leg, printed, soft pants everywhere. The problem for me is, I'm short and the pants are very long. I'm not sure if I want to invest in tailoring for a pant that I certainly won't wear more than few times in the season. That's another problem with bright colors and prints. They are noticeable so you can't wear them too often. Hopefully one of the QVC vendors will make a nice, wide-ish leg print pant in petite length. SG's tsv was a tight legged crop. Not what I have in mind.

Super Contributor

I've always been able to find both the skinny, straight and looser fitting pants. All my dressier pants are looser fitting.

One of my friends only wears the looser fitting and she has always been able to find them.

We tend to shop in places that offer a variety of styles ... not just current trends.

Honored Contributor

I never liked skinny jeans but do like leggings. Go figure. But, loose fitting pants would wonderful for summer. I am not too sure about patterns. In today and out tomorrow. I doubt that I will take the plunge into that trend.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 KatCat1 said:

I never liked skinny jeans but do like leggings. Go figure. But, loose fitting pants would wonderful for summer. I am not too sure about patterns. In today and out tomorrow. I doubt that I will take the plunge into that trend.

I don't think they are ever "out" - just not always trendy.

I've been able to buy print pants for lots of years. They are just a bit more popular today.

Honored Contributor

Love skinny jeans. Solids or prints. I have figure made for them. I can basically wear any jean, because my body is in proportion. And I'm thin. So I'll always be wearing them. They've been around since 2001. And they will be around a lot longer.