Honored Contributor

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, Wearing Malachite in New Zealand

Her coat/dress (?) appeared to be the same color as our malachite outfit that Louis offered this past winter season. Of course she looked lovely in her garment.

Kate Middleton and Prince William in New Zealand and Australia.

Super Contributor

Re: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, Wearing Malachite in New Zealand

She looks gorgeous in what is my very favorite shade of green. LOVE this color...I know Louis said it will probably be a long time before he uses this color again, but I wish he would reconsider. I get so many compliments whenever I wear my malachite pieces.

BTW, Kate is flawless, just perfect. I love following her fashion choices.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you, Becca, about malachite and the duchess. Kate's choices never fail to please me. Never.

Honored Contributor

I am sure we all would look wonderful if we spent the amount of money that she does on an outfit!!

Honored Contributor

I don't have that dress but I have some amazing malachite jewelry from QVC and HSN

Honored Contributor

On 4/12/2014 DiAnne said:

I am sure we all would look wonderful if we spent the amount of money that she does on an outfit!!

I don't know that she's extravagant; she's well-known for buying things "off the rack". (Do you have some insider information about how much she spent on that particular outfit or any others?)

And give the woman credit - we would not all "look wonderful", even if we spent a thousand times what she does on an outfit. She's fit and takes care of herself and that helps immensely.

Whatever she "looks" like, she seems to be a genuinely nice person. And that counts for a lot!

Honored Contributor

She always looks beautiful. I will never understand why some women find it difficult to say nice things about other women.

It seems like we are our own worst enemies. You'd never hear males criticize other men the way women do.

Does anyone have any idea why women do that? Just curious.

Does anyone remember the commercial where the guy is at the end of a bar and he asks his male friend, "Does this make my but t look big?

Kind of hits home. You'd never hear a guy ask another guy that, yet women are always worried about what others think.

Super Contributor

The coat is from Erdem's 2013 Fall Collection made of wool crepe. Her printed tea dress is Italian Silk Crepe de Chine in a popular, trademark style by Suzannah.

My friend Annie from Melbourne sent this link - She's British & adores Kate's style - Me too!

http://whatkatewore.com/2014/04/12/its-erdem-and-suzannah-for-childrens-hospice-cambridge-visit-cyc...

Honored Contributor

Wow, NBW, right from a knowing source. I love this sort of thing. Thank you for sharing further info on this outfit. Kate has innate good taste, I believe. Of course she has some expert input, but there is a personal thread that one can sense in all her selections. Her "brand" shows through in all her choices. I couldn't decide if Kate was wearing a dress or a coat, and now I know. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Venezia said:
On 4/12/2014 DiAnne said:

I don't know that she's extravagant; she's well-known for buying things "off the rack". (Do you have some insider information about how much she spent on that particular outfit or any others?)

And give the woman credit - we would not all "look wonderful", even if we spent a thousand times what she does on an outfit. She's fit and takes care of herself and that helps immensely.

Whatever she "looks" like, she seems to be a genuinely nice person. And that counts for a lot!

I think she has great taste. According to the news media (if they are correct) the coat costs $3,120.