Super Contributor

To those who received the slim leg jeans...

How is the rise on these? I've been having "rise issues" (too long) lately on some of my Linea pants. I am 5' 3" and would probably order the size tens, although if they're running "roomy" I might try sizing down. TIA!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: To those who received the slim leg jeans...

I would say these are running roomy, so the rise may be a little long for you. I ordered size 12, based on the "click here" measurements, but they are too big for me. If they ever come back in stock, I will reorder in size 10 (I am 5'4"). Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

The rise is long. I ordered a 10 and I know I'm going to be pulling these up frequently. The inseam is short-I'm 5'7" and was hoping they wouldn't be above my ankle bones,but they are. I also was a little disappointed about the fit at the ankle, because they are not fitted, for me at least. I'm wondering if they can be taken in. This is the correct fit for me, but they don't have the very slim look at the ankle I was hoping for. Still, they should work well with flats.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I agree that the rise is long. My actual body has a long rise measurement, and this waistband is fully up at my waist, which is unusual for me. These are straight leg pants, which is what I expected - not skinny jeans. On my 5'2" frame they are full length.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

Are we talking about the denim ankle pants?
Super Contributor

The back rise was way too short for me! Usually in Linea woven pants I have no problems with the front and back rise. This is the first time. I wear a plus size.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 2zbeach said: Are we talking about the denim ankle pants?

I am.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/10/2014 H20gal said:
On 4/10/2014 2zbeach said: Are we talking about the denim ankle pants?

I am.

Me too.

<h3>A252357</h3> No Image Found
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting the link shoesnbags !

BklynKinsey, in the plus size, do you think the rise is short because the pants sits a little more low slung on the hips? The only picture I can see, following the link, looks a little like hip hugger, lower slung pants. Think so, or no? Are there bunches of fabric behind the leg in the thigh area? or more of a slimmer pant fit?

Valued Contributor

On 4/10/2014 H20gal said:

The rise is long. I ordered a 10 and I know I'm going to be pulling these up frequently. The inseam is short-I'm 5'7" and was hoping they wouldn't be above my ankle bones,but they are. I also was a little disappointed about the fit at the ankle, because they are not fitted, for me at least. I'm wondering if they can be taken in. This is the correct fit for me, but they don't have the very slim look at the ankle I was hoping for. Still, they should work well with flats.

I am really confused. Maybe if the item was posted and I could look at the click here measurements, it would help. But if the rise is long, why would you be pulling up the pants? Wouldn't this be necessary if the rise were too short, and the pants were lower on the hip? Can someone explain this to me?

I positively hate pants with a flare or that are not tailored at the ankle or wherever they end, (unless they are supposed to be bootcut), so I will be staring intently at the screen whenever these are presented! I wish the printed crops were a little more tailored, but don't want to have them taken in due to the expense. (I just dropped off several pairs of other older crops from my closet that were excessively flared and wow, I could not believe the cost of the alteration.) But if I don't wear the pants, that is a total waste.