Honored Contributor

I'm seeing more and more items made of this fabric. ShopHQ has several WD-NY items that I like but they are 95% rayon. IMO unless it is mixed with more than 5% of another fabric, e.g., cotton, spandex, poly, rayon is a little bit too "raggy" and shapeless for me although it is very soft. Any opinions??

Respected Contributor

Rayon is actually one of my favorite fabrics. As I've aged my skin has become more and more touch sensitive, and rayon is never abrasive or chafing to me in any way. I especially like tank tops (and other tops) made of rayon/spandex. They last forever, you can machine wash and dry, and they hold their shape.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I haven't purchased any 95% rayon tops recently but I did buy a Denim & Co. shirt that was made out of 58% cotton, 3% spandex and 39% rayon. It is so soft, doesn't wrinkle easily and has a nice drape. I really like this fabrication and wouldn't mind seeing more shirts made with it.

Super Contributor

I like rayon - in all its forms.

Respected Contributor

It's funny because the older I get, the softer I want my clothing also...I'm turning into my mother! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I like rayon, but if something is a high percentage of rayon, I find that I have to wash it gently with other soft fabrics or it will pill.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

I like rayon in most of its forms very much -- very soft, very drapeable, takes to patterns and dyes very well -- a very nice fabric. I also like rayon blends. Rayon/poly/spandex is probably my favorite all-around pants fabric; it wears like iron, has a very nice hand, and is easily machine washable/dryable, with no ironing needed. LOVE that! I find that many rayon garments machine wash very well, although many are labelled "dry clean only". One exception is crinkle rayon, which for some reason can shrink and/or change texture with washing. I usually wash rayons in cool water, machine dry for just a few minutes on "delicate" to get the wrinkles out, and then hang them to finish drying on a hanger. They usually turn out very nicely with no ironing or maybe just a minimal touch-up.

Honored Contributor

Rayon is a natural fabric made from wood pulp so why have Lewis and others indicated that it wasn't?

Super Contributor

I see a ton of rayon now and have found many rayon knit pieces to stretch out. I had purchased a maxi that "grew" as I wore it. It was a rayon/poly blend and a size 4 (vanity of course)...the hem stretched 3" after one wearing. It is a very finicky textile.

I miss some nicer cotton and also silk blends - knits and pure silk blouses, tops. I still have some classic pieces but when I find silk fabrication the price is ridiculous. Silk clothes used have an odd odor though.