Respected Contributor

I signed up to get reminders of upcoming Tig shows, but as of late, either the show is canceled or rescheduled.

Today I received an email that the Tig show scheduled in early Feb has been canceled.

???

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's going away, but I do know that the quality of the bags are going downhill. I bought my mother a Tig bag for Christmas, and the darn magnetic snaps are too weak...so the bag keeps coming open. I've never had that happen with previous Tig bags.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Regular Contributor

I agree about the quality of the bags. I used to love this brand and had several, purchased at QVC and B&M stores. However, the last two I have purchashed have had leather bodies but man-made materials for the straps and trim. It started peeling within a few months (I am not hard on bags.) Also, the suede one was a very inferior suede and actually pilled and matted within a few weeks. Very sad, these used to be such great bags. I will not purchase any more.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also in mourning for the original Tig bags

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I hope not. I love the bags and have not had any problems with them at all. Still have one from the 90's that is in good shape. And the prices are good. Will never pay the hundreds for a bag that is really a big hole and no organization. I like the crossbody with attached places for credit cards etc.

Trusted Contributor

It's a shame that the quality is not what it used to be. Tig has always had really nice, reasonably priced and fashionable bags, but many of the newer bags are not made as well. Beware of non-leather straps that crack and peel prematurely. I have 3 or 4 older Tig bags that I am very happy with, but after returning a couple of the more recent ones, I'm done.

Super Contributor

I can't even remember the last time I bought a purse from

QVC...they are all just so expensive and I hate paying tax and S&H

that adds about another $10 to the amount.

Maybe Allison since she had a baby last year..has decded

to take a break. That's what Kathy Van Zeeland did after all.

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many complaints about the handbags since KVZ bought them. I just saw an hour show the other day. If I were Alison I would move on.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/24/2014 molisa said:

I agree about the quality of the bags. I used to love this brand and had several, purchased at QVC and B&M stores. However, the last two I have purchashed have had leather bodies but man-made materials for the straps and trim. It started peeling within a few months (I am not hard on bags.) Also, the suede one was a very inferior suede and actually pilled and matted within a few weeks. Very sad, these used to be such great bags. I will not purchase any more.

Molisa, that is exactly what happen to me on the lat two bags that I bought from QVC/Tig. I mailed them back long after the 30 days when they started peeling and I received my money back plus the shipping it cost me. The quality is definitely not the same. I believe they moved their plant to China. I also noticed that Macy's, who also sells Tig, has a much smaller presence and selection at my Macys.

Honored Contributor

Another line QVC has cheapened into oblivion.