Respected Contributor

Do You Have A Favorite Go To Outfit

I tend to dress on the casual side, don't need work clothes. I always find myself reaching for my skinny jeans, a tan/beige sweater from J Crew with a skinny tank underneath with a scarf and my riding boots from Issac in saddle color. I'm always told I look nice and I am very comfortable. Do you have a favorite outfit??

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Favorite Go To Outfit

When I was working I had to be out so early that I had a wardrobe "system" (hate that word!) of "go tos", and now, since my size is still so unstable, I haven't found that special "the one" yet. Yours sounds terrific!
Super Contributor

Yes ... for almost any occasion: black pants, black turtleneck, black ankle boots.

I have pants and t-necks in every fabric known to man. All I have to do is select appropriate accessories and I can go just about anywhere. I have a closet full of jackets and layering pieces, boxes of scarves and plenty of jewelry.

If I need a dress ... simply replace pants/t-neck with black column dress, black hose and pumps - choose accessories. I'm ready to go.

I can be dressed and ready to go in less than an hour.

Esteemed Contributor

Depending on the season, but it's usually a black leather jacket (or may change to a color), T-neck cashmere sweater, dark denim jeans and Born ankle boots.

For a slightly dressier occasion, but still casual, it's a blazer or jacket, black slacks, silk blouse or knit tee.

Honored Contributor

My favorite look this time of year is jeans, ankle boots, and a colorful or printed top or sweater OR I will switch out the jeans and ankle boots for my knit knee length skirt with tights and riding boots.

My favorite outfit of all time is an abstract animal print faux wrap dress in shades of brown and cream with brown pumps. It hits just above my knee; the material is chiffon with a dark brown lining underneath.

Trusted Contributor

I have several "go to" outfits that I reach for over and over. Quick, flattering, versatile, and chosen and worn again and again. Black slacks, fine-knit tops in many colors, and my favorite Jones New York dressy black jacket come to mind immediately. I have many other options, though, worn less frequently but still loved and enjoyed. It takes more time and effort to put together creative outfits from "odd pieces", but I enjoy doing it when I have the time......and the results can be very attractive and satisfying. I guess I'm proof of the old adage that most women wear only about 20% (or so) of the items in our closets most of the time. But I'm not willing to give up too many of my other options! I like to have lots of options to play with!

Honored Contributor

I love Macy's brand yoga pants and own about 9 pairs. So comfy but can be dressy, too.

Same for a black ruched turtleneck by Chaus, altho I do own other colors, too.

Both pieces wash well and color stays rich black which is HUGE with me.

I can wear anything from sneaks to suede boots to strappy sandals for footwear.

A faux fur vest, an orchid jacket, a sweater cardigan or just some pretty white or yellow gold jewelry can top it off.

Trusted Contributor

Black pants and black top. I prefer cashmere sweaters either turtleneck or rounded neckline.

Honored Contributor

Not outfit but pieces that never fail.

Honored Contributor

In winter time, a pair of black RL slacks, a black cashmere T-neck and some short black suede boots.

In spring/summer time, a pair of ivory slacks, a black silk Linea blouse and some silver Naot sandals with crystals.

You know this all depends on where we are going but I can wear the above to dinner, shopping, to a cocktail, to the theater, or to church with a change of shoes.