Trusted Contributor

Ordered the G.I.L.I. Leather jacket. And although it fits, the sleeves are too long and they have zippers at the cuffs, so have to find out how much it will cost to have them altered and if it isn't too costly, I will do it and keep it. Wish they would make petite sizes for those of us who have shorter arms.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's always the same issue!

When I saw where you said the sleeves are too long, that's my pet peeve about QVC!! I have just packed up everything (and not worn) that I bought from October until recently! I am so fed up with this.

Instead of making them shorter, they are making the sleeves longer and longer! It's getting crazy!

I have clothes I bought from QVC (mainly) and some from HSN from years past. I can see where the sleeves are getting longer and longer!

I asked my friends who shop in stores if they have this problem. I don't shop in stores because it is difficult for me to walk around the stores because I have a really bad back. So I buy (or up until recently) bought from QVC.

The last items I bought were so long they didn't just come over my finger tips they could be used to make a long sleeve jacket AND a 3/4 sleeve jacket out of just ONE sleeve.

Who are these people who want these sleeves this long?

I can't be the only person who is having this problem.

I have asked here if we could start a post and see how long we can make it where maybe QVC will take notice about the sleeves being WAY too long.

How about it ladies?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

When I saw where you said the sleeves are too long, that's my pet peeve about QVC!! I have just packed up everything (and not worn) that I bought from October until recently! I am so fed up with this.

Instead of making them shorter, they are making the sleeves longer and longer! It's getting crazy!

I have clothes I bought from QVC (mainly) and some from HSN from years past. I can see where the sleeves are getting longer and longer!

I asked my friends who shop in stores if they have this problem. I don't shop in stores because it is difficult for me to walk around the stores because I have a really bad back. So I buy (or up until recently) bought from QVC.

The last items I bought were so long they didn't just come over my finger tips they could be used to make a long sleeve jacket AND a 3/4 sleeve jacket out of just ONE sleeve.

I have asked here if we could start a post and see how long we can make it where maybe QVC will take notice about the sleeves being WAY too long.

How about it ladies?

Well annabellethecat, it sounds like we have the same problem and issue. While I can totally understand that some women have long arms and need those lengths, there are many of women like us who do not and need garments made with shorter sleeves. I would really be curious to see how many people ordered this leather jacket and had the same issue. I like the jacket, but look ridiculous with the sleeves hanging over and past my hands. I'm fine about starting a post, what do you want to call it?

Honored Contributor

Yes gigy, I used to shorten the sleeves but then they got longer and longer and (while I'm OK at sewing) even people who sew for a living would find it difficult to continue to try to fix these sleeves.

Come on ladies, let's keep this post going or at least some post about these stupid, really stupid long sleeves on these tops (all tops).

Esteemed Contributor

i've always had this problem,too. i knew it was bad when i started buying 3/4 sleeve tops and they fit like long sleeves. but it has gotten silly. excuse the typing, one of the cats is cuddled under my arm, so i am typing with one hand

Honored Contributor

Gina, you won my heart when you said you didn't want to bother your furbaby. I started out having 4 furbabies when my husband was alive and within a few years they'd died right after he did. Then my daughter found Jack the cat. Now I have him but he's 9 years old. Every year I get more and more nervous.

I close my eyes and see your furbaby snuggled up. Love it.

I wonder just who it is that these sleeves fit?

Trusted Contributor

I have that jacket, and yes the sleeves are pretty long. Which are too long for me.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I am always complaining sleeves are too short. I don't think I have long arms. Who knows. I'm 5'5" and have a 29 inseam. I usually just get 3/4 length, because I know it will be just right.

Trusted Contributor

To answer the question, these sleeves fit me! Unless they're too short! Realistically, sleeves can be shortened (except the rare case w/ zippers), but not lengthened for people like me. Please go to a seamstress so the rest of us can get clothes, too!
Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

How about it ladies?

I always had longer arms and nothing would have to be altered, but for the past 8-10 years the arms in coats and blazers are SO long. It's not just you! It's in all ready to wear!