Respected Contributor

As I was watching QF yesterday a number of callers said they when they wear Quacker fashions people always ask them "where did you get it". I was just wondering how many of you are ever asked that question by someone who sees an item of clothing on you that they like?

I wouldn't ask anyone a question like that. I wouldn't hesitate to tell someone that I really like a particular garment or accessory that they have. But to ask where they got it just seems out of line to me. I guess I put it in the same category as asking how much they paid for it.

Is this just a weird quirk of mine or do others feel the same way?

Honored Contributor

I get that a lot. Doesn't bother me at all. I have no problem divulging where I purchased something. Can't recall being asked the price.

Honored Contributor

I formerly got that a lot. I did not admit QVC. I never ask anyone where they bought something and/or how much it cost.

Valued Contributor

I get that a lot and I will not say "QVC". I just say "oh, I ordered it online" and then change the subject. QVC doesn't have a great reputation where I live. People don't realize that you can order online and don't have to watch it on TV all day long to order something.

Trusted Contributor
It doesn't bother me. I take it as a compliment. I've asked people that too and had no idea it would offend anyone.
Super Contributor

Ebay!

Respected Contributor
On 1/23/2014 Lanikins said:

I get that a lot and I will not say "QVC". I just say "oh, I ordered it online" and then change the subject. QVC doesn't have a great reputation where I live. People don't realize that you can order online and don't have to watch it on TV all day long to order something.

Exactly. I think it's rude to ask, personally. I think Miss Lisa R. doesn't help matters by saying with each item she presents: "You'll get sooooooo many compliments. People are going to stop you on the street and say WHERE did you GET THAT?!?"{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

I get asked this all the time and don't mind it a bit. Those who ask are genuinely interested in where I find my clothes. I tell them that they are by Louis Dell'Olio, the former head of Anne Klein. They are always taken aback to learn that I buy them from QVC online!

Super Contributor

I have no problem telling. I shop everywhere. Goodwill, Qvc, Dillards, boutiques...If I like it I buy it. Doesn't matter where it's from.

Regular Contributor

It depends who asks. A close friend or family member I tell them, usually we then talk about shopping! Anyone else, I will just say "I just picked this up somewhere" and change the subject. It has nothing to do with QVC, I just don't like discussing where I shop with just anybody. I agree that it is rude to ask.