Honored Contributor

What would be your ideal fashion-related career?

For me, I think it would be fun to be a personal stylist. I would have the patience to work at a department store and be a personal shopper/stylist; however, I would not have the patience to drive around from store to store, purchase (or borrow) a variety of outfits, and have to drive them to people's houses.

My second choice (if I had the talent) would be a seamstress or costume designer. I think there is a lot that can be done with clothing items past their prime and I think it's fun to look at fashion from different periods throughout history.

What about you?

Super Contributor

Re: What would be your ideal fashion-related career?

I do design my own handknit and handcrochet, but I'd never want to do it as a career. Too much fun doing it to have to worry about making a living with it - and I doubt I could find many people to pay me what I'd want for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I might like to be a window dresser like Rhoda Morgenstern.

Honored Contributor

To test-wear new styles and trends appropriate for my age by wearing them to get-together's, social affairs, luncheons and speaking engagements where they might be seen and admired or hated by women of a certain age, shopping ability and style, i.e., to market to my age-specific lot.

Honored Contributor

Namealreadytaken,

Yours reminded me of something I bet Housecat would like: testing the clothing by washing/wearing for fiber strength, colorfastness, daily wear, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2014 lolakimono said:

Namealreadytaken,

Yours reminded me of something I bet Housecat would like: testing the clothing by washing/wearing for fiber strength, colorfastness, daily wear, etc.

Don't forget ironing!

Regular Contributor

We have a locally owned boutique here that I love. I would love to work there and help put together windows, in store displays and work with the customers. I would not want to own my own it because of the hours and financial responsibilities. DH and I own an insurance agency, in my pretend job I want no stress just the fun stuff! Just come to work and play with the clothes.

I stalk this boutiques sales, they know me well{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, and makeovers are always fun! I think it would be rewarding to be on the fashion side of the "Dress For Success" type makeovers as women get back on their feet and return to the workforce.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I thought of something else. I would like to be an advisor. While I don't possess true design skill as in sketching, sewing, etc., I would love to take a drawing or prototype of a garment and tweak it to what I feel would enhance it. I am a stickler for detail and I believe that I could be an asset to a design team.

Super Contributor

On 1/22/2014 magicmoodz said:

Oh, I thought of something else. I would like to be an advisor. While I don't possess true design skill as in sketching, sewing, etc., I would love to take a drawing or prototype of a garment and tweak it to what I feel would enhance it. I am a stickler for detail and I believe that I could be an asset to a design team.

If Lisa Rinna and Lisa Robertson could do it, why not you!!!!??!