Honored Contributor

What is an "Oh I am NOT believing that!" moment that you can remember?

I was in a paint wall paper store to get some wall paper books for class. There was a workman in front of me who was indescrible! Overweight, he was leaned across the small counter and his shirt was halfway up his (fuzzy) back (and backside)!!! Half his backside was visable to the world!!! How could he not feel a draft? I wished I had a pile of THOSE strips that are used for removal! I turned around and thought "And this was a sweet child once!"!!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: What is an ""Oh I am NOT believing that!"" moment that you can remember?

Did you see the pictures on the news about pant less day on the New York subway.. I fortunately did not see it in person, but even just watching it on the news had me saying unbelievable !
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 PattiJ said: Did you see the pictures on the news about pant less day on the New York subway.. I fortunately did not see it in person, but even just watching it on the news had me saying unbelievable !

I agree and I'd like to add:

1. mannequins in the NY store window in their underwear - which was relatively sheer and the mannequins had huge patches of p*bic hair. You could see it through the underwear and the "hair" was coming out the sides of the underwear.

2. on the east coast, middle school kids are crushing Smartie candies to powder consistency and then putting "lines" on a table and snorting the lines like c*caine.

Seriously, I must be getting old because I have to shake my head and wonder how this next generation is growing up and how they will lead the world.

Oh well....

edited for spelling

Honored Contributor

I heard on the news last night at the children are smashing Smarties candies and snorting them-- little knowing that they can get lung infections, for starters and other problems.

I have to SMH at some of the stupidity and yes it is stupidity. I'm not being PC about it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good thing he wasn't a plumber.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 chi5925 said:
On 1/21/2014 PattiJ said: Did you see the pictures on the news about pant less day on the New York subway.. I fortunately did not see it in person, but even just watching it on the news had me saying unbelievable !

1. mannequins in the NY store window in their underwear - which was relatively sheer and the mannequins had huge patches of p*bic hair. You could see it through the underwear and the "hair" was coming out the sides of the underwear.

Was this just for pant less subway day or I am afraid to ask a new fashion trend?

2. on the east coast, middle school kids are crushing Smartie candies to powder consistency and then putting "lines" on a table and snorting the lines like c*caine.

Seriously, I must be getting old because I have to shake my head and wonder how this next generation is growing up and how they will lead the world.

Oh well....

edited for spelling

Honored Contributor

We were at the Rose Bowl 2006 when, on our way back to the hotel via the shuttle, a pregnant woman as nude as she was born, was walking down the street sipping a can of beer. I thought that was just about more than I could handle.

But then I went to Turner Broadcasting in Atlanta for a program on gardening a year or so later, and what to my wondering eyes would appear but a man in his birthday gear, taking his sexual gratification into his own hands and dozens of law enforcement abounded and no one, not one single person felt that he needed to be surrounded and taken into custody.

It's a whole new world out there filled with people who could care less if they live or die or anyone else. I saw the video on TV about the people in the quick-stop place stepping over a dead body to pay for their gas and goodies. I think the beast is here.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 PattiJ said:
On 1/21/2014 chi5925 said:

Was this just for pant less subway day or I am afraid to ask a new fashion trend?

Oh well....

edited for spelling

No, it was American Apparel's window display. You can google it and see what it looks like.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2014 brewhaha said:

Good thing he wasn't a plumber.

Who knows??!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I was on the turnpike, and a semi driver honked at me a few times. I was reluctant to look, because those sorts of situations don't usually turn out well for me. However, I wondered if perhaps something was amiss with my vehicle, so I decided to go ahead and look.

The truck driver had lifted himself up off of his seat and was shaking "it" at me. I didn't react...that's what they want you to do, really. I just got behind him, got his plate # and reported him to the state highway patrol.

I got a call back from a patrolman who told me that the company claimed that the truck with the license plate I gave was being driven by a black gentleman that day, so I must've been mistaken, as I had seen a white guy. Riiight. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org