Frequent Contributor

Linea Pearls - Question for the Ladies

I just received the cream and blue mist pearls today, and was very surprised and confused by the colors.

The cream was unlike any cream color I've ever seen - and I have many strands of faux pearls. These had a definite greenish-grey tinge. Not an ivory, or a cream color at all. In fact, when I opened the package my first thought was, "They sent me the wrong color."

I know these got raves the last time around, and I was kicking myself for missing them. But I compared them to Kenneth Jay Lane and Jacqueline Kennedy faux pearls that I own - and the Linea strand was dull, darkish and had a strong greenish-grey cast. Did any other ladies received the new cream? Could they have sent me the wrong color? What color were yours?

The blue mist are fine and a pretty color, but I think I was a little mislead by the color description. The strand I received isn't light grey, or the color inside an abalone shell, and doesn't really have a "blue mist." They are a medium grey that is exactly the color of real silver beads - definitely a metallic, almost hematite look. Very pretty - but much darker than I expected, and considerably darker than the real light grey pearls I own (perhaps I was expecting a color more like those.) I already own - and love - the dark grey Linea pearls. The new ones are a lighter grey, but much darker than I expected, and definitely darker than the photos Louis posted on his blog.

I'll be returning the cream with much disappointment, and I'm still thinking about the "blue mist"/medium grey color. Has anyone else received these colors? What do you think?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Linea Pearls - Question for the Ladies

Just zipped over to Louis's blog to check out the colors again. My "blue mist" pearls are much, much darker than the photos on the blog.

Regular Contributor

Enjay, that's so disappointing. I love these pearls, and would have loved the combination of the Driftwood and Mocha Mist, but it's just not in the budget. Since I have the set in Cream, I compared them.

I have several sets of the Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy pearls, J151120, J149774, and J151801. I just compared them to the Linea pearls in Cream.

I took them into the bathroom, and under those bright lights, I can't see a great difference in color. The JBK pearls have a higher luster, so it's hard to compare the color perfectly, but if someone asked me, I would tell them it's the same color.

I'm not sure what to tell you, but your description of the color sounds like there's something wrong with the color in your set.

Honored Contributor

enjay, I do not own the blue mist but do have the cream from the original order. Your question so intrigued me that I decided to check my strand to see if I could interpret the cream color as you have yours.

My conclusion was the same as Shopsy's (and I had reached it before reading her message to you). Beaming a flashlight directly onto the cream beads, I could not conclude that mine have a greenish-gray cast. Nor are they dark or dull. I understand we all interpret color differently, but my gut feeling is that your cream colors "took" the color differently or got into a an off-colored dip. Maybe there was a perfect storm for the bead and color to go wrong.

They are lovely beads in the cream. Your description of the blue mist does differ from what I gathered from another Linea fan on Louis's blog.

Respected Contributor

I have all colors of his necklaces and all colors of the matching earrings. Matching is the key word. The earrings match his necklaces of pearls.

The Mocha Mist looks wonderful with the Taupe color Whisper Knit sweaters. Lovely.

The Blue Mist goes wonderful with white metal jewelry such as white gold, silver, stainless steel. If you have a long chain in white metal put them with the pearls. I am happy that he made this color. The color reminds me of Mist of Silver color. Nice. The Blue Mist will be worn often for casual and for socials.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2014 Shopsy said:

Enjay, that's so disappointing. I love these pearls, and would have loved the combination of the Driftwood and Mocha Mist, but it's just not in the budget. Since I have the set in Cream, I compared them.

I have several sets of the Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy pearls, J151120, J149774, and J151801. I just compared them to the Linea pearls in Cream.

I took them into the bathroom, and under those bright lights, I can't see a great difference in color. The JBK pearls have a higher luster, so it's hard to compare the color perfectly, but if someone asked me, I would tell them it's the same color.

I'm not sure what to tell you, but your description of the color sounds like there's something wrong with the color in your set.

The colors of Linea's pearl earrings was designed to match the same color of his matching pearl necklaces.

Jacqueline Kennedy's pearls have their shade to match their earrings.

It is a bonus when jewelry can be worn together.

Valued Contributor

enjay, I think you must have received the wrong pearls.

Frequent Contributor

Shopsy and Goldie, thanks so much for taking the time to check your cream pearls and respond. I took your advice and compared the new pearls to my Jacqueline Kennedy and KJL pearls, using a flashlight. There's a very significant color difference - the Linea pearls look as though they took a dip into a greenish color somewhere in the manufacturing process. I also tried them on this morning, with a black cashmere dress, and the difference was even more noticeable. I agree with Belle_Femme, I must have received the wrong pearls - or there was a mistake in the manufacturing process.

I'm so disappointed - Louis's pearls are really excellent quality. I will sadly be returning them, but I did order the new station necklace in silver - and I'm really looking forward to receiving that. Thanks so much, ladies - I appreciate your help very much!

Frequent Contributor

Hi, Enjay..I can't address your question re the cream color, since I don't have those, but I received the blue mist yesterday and completely agree with you. They looked dark, so I waited until I could look at them in the daylight. They didn't really look any kind of blue to me, but I thought that they color would be very versatile, so I decided to keep them. I'd have called them "silver mist."

Valued Contributor

I'd send those "cream" pearls back after calling CS, say they're the wrong color, & have them send you a new strand if you really want those pearls.