Super Contributor

Does anyone wear Not Your Daughters Jeans?

I wanted to see how they washed and if you liked them? What is your favorite style? Does the polyester in the jean bother you? Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone wear Not Your Daughters Jeans?

Just picked up my first pair last week at Marshall's. Listed for $114.00 retail; I scooped them up on final clearance (yellow tag) for $29.00. I really like the fit and the material. They washed up well and no shrinkage. At the cleaners being hemmed.

Frequent Contributor

Favorite jeans, found trouser jeans that are lighter weight. NYDJ ships and returns for free, so try various models on to find your perfect fit. Once you know your size and style you have better chance of purchasing your favorites on other sites at discounts. Not the most expensive jeans, but not cheap they advise to purchase 1 size down. Fits the more mature body with waist and hips.

Respected Contributor

I tried NYDJ many times several years ago and hated them every time. They were too big, too high in the waist, too mature looking. This past season I purchased two pair of their skinny jeans - the black moto style ones with stitching and piecing at the knees, and a pair of very dark brown skinnies. I would say definitely size down. There is a lot of stretch, but they hold on pretty well during the day. The dye in the black ones is not stable. They rub off on my hands during the day, even though they have been washed about five times. The brown ones have that higher polyester content and they feel a little weird to me - not really like jeans. I would say they are pretty good, but I still prefer the more modern cut of DKNY over NYDJ.

Trusted Contributor

Love them. They're about the only brand that fit me well. No issues for me with shinkage or fabric content. To me,they feel like cotton. I usually wear the Alina legging style or skinny jeans. I do go down a size because there is some give. Best of all,made in USA.
Honored Contributor

love them. i can usually find a style that fits my hips well. i like that they have spandex also.....that makes them more comfortable. they wash well, wear well, and are totally worth their price. i never have a problem with shrinkage or dyes. i wash them inside out on gentle in the washing machine and tumble dry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 pair of NYDJ and love them. They do NOT get baggy at the knees but they do seem to stretch out around the waist a little. I agree with the others - go down a size. I think you'll really like them once you find a style you like.

Be sure to follow washing instructions exactly. Both of mine say cold water wash, inside out, line dry.

Respected Contributor

Love them too, made in USA and they fit me!
Valued Contributor

I have a couple of pairs of NYDJ and really do like them. They wash and wear well. I have never paid full price since they are on the pricey side. I regularly check out my local Nordstrom and their website since they regularly put NYDJ on sale. HTH
Respected Contributor

I've never bought a pair, although I have looked at them in the stores. I don't know if they are all like it, but all of them that I've seen have way too much stretch in them. Personally, I hate stretch in my jeans.