Trusted Contributor

Why Do Hosts Need QVC Facebook Customers Pick Out.......

their outfits lately for weddings? Now Mary Beth is getting into the act asking people to go to her Facebook page and pick out which dress she should wear to her son's wedding. There are 4 choices. Give us your vote! Which dress gets your YES! Then she said "this weekend I'm going to let you choose my shoes and then I may even let you choose the dress for the Grooms dinner, we'll see I have to figure that out if I really want you to, you know I say should I or shouldn't I". Really? Don't you think it should be your own personal preference especially since it's such an important occasion in your life. You should be able and WANT to pick out your own dress and shoes and not take a survey on Facebook on what you should wear. What's going on with these hosts lately, they need people THEY DONT EVEN PERSONALLY KNOW pick out what they should wear? Don't they have their own minds and/ or family members or friends who know them help them if they need help? I really like Mary Beth and to tell you the truth, I was quite surprised that she would do this. Now Courtney was another story but Mary Beth? I just don't get it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do Hosts Need QVC Facebook Customers Pick Out.......

Oh good grief ........... she just wants opinions! My question for you ........... why are some posters always complaining????????????

Respected Contributor

People like to be asked their opinion, and like to give their opinion. It's a friendly sort of exchange, no doubt meant to garner a sense of familiarity and friendship. Marketing.

Valued Contributor

OP, I agree with you. It would be a little too personal for me to do.

Trusted Contributor

Oh its just an opinion and keep the viewing audience engaged. even be a discussion. LR did this all the time.

Respected Contributor

It's just for the QVC audience. I'm sure Mary Beth will choose a dress SHE wants, not a dress that QVC posters want her to wear. It's just silly. It's similar to when that host got married and the ran a choose this and choose that for her wedding......it was just a silly game. There must be an element that likes that type of silly foolishness but I don't know any of those people.

Trusted Contributor

They like to ask opinions from people that they don't personally know? C'mon that's ridiculous, it's personal preference, you put the dress on and you know which one looks the best on you. It's her sons wedding not a dinner date with friends! If you need an opinion for such an important occasion in your life, as I stated, how about consulting your husband, family or friends who know you?
Honored Contributor

Actually, it's on her blog. No need to go to FB.

I voted.

IMO there was only one that looked good.

Esteemed Contributor

Calm down, it's really not that big of a deal.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Hooty said:

Oh good grief ........... she just wants opinions! My question for you ........... why are some posters always complaining????????????

I'm sorry if you think I'm complaining, I just don't get it. Tell me if you were getting married would you post several wedding dresses on Facebook and ask people to pick which one you should wear? I doubt it very much.