Regular Contributor

Maybe it is just me, and because I live in AZ, but I feel choked when hosts wear scarves up around their necks. Hosts look BAD. After all spring has sprung.

Honored Contributor

Re: SCARVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarves worn over t-shirts just look silly. If they were so fashionable we would see women on TV, Today, CNN, MSNBC, dramas, and sitcoms wearing them. We don't.
Esteemed Contributor

I know in your neck of the wood... get the pun? it would be too hot.. but, I wear summer weight scarves until it gets real hot and humid here on the east coast. I visited your state many years ago.. Its beautiful and the dry climate was wonderful for my allergies and asthma. I did not even sniffle or sneeze once while I was there. Happy Easter/Passover to you and yours.

Respected Contributor

Definitely not a possibility here in SE Louisiana. You'd die of heat stroke in the summer. Even in the winter it's a little ""close"" to wear a heavy or thick scarf unless you're outside and wearing a winter coat (which doesn't happen often).

Respected Contributor

...whatever. This scarf phobia comes up every spring. Obviously some of you don't even know what a scarf is. However, there are no laws mandating scarves. So what the is the big deal? Really, I would like an answer because I just don't get it. It's not like scarves are new. It's not like they were invented a few years ago. Scarves have been a fashion accessory for....well...probably hundreds of years.

Honored Contributor

Spring isn't equal everywhere. In West Chester, the high is going to be 54 and they're still seeing lows in the 30s.

Frequent Contributor

Just looked at the weather forecast in Phoenix, AZ, and right now the temp is 70 degrees, but heading up to 91 today. I visited Phoenix when my boys were in baseball tournaments and could hardly catch my breath. There is "no" way I would wear a scarf unless going into an air-conditioned restaurant. Yikes! It gets hot there!

Regular Contributor

On 4/1/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

Spring isn't equal everywhere. In West Chester, the high is going to be 54 and they're still seeing lows in the 30s.

Exactly! I'm in NYC and when I left my house at 8am this morning it was 34 degrees outside. Even if it wasn't, I wear my lightweight scarves out during spring. The trains and buses are cold with the A/C on.

Super Contributor

It's 38 degrees here in NYC at the moment. But ... outside temp is immaterial ...

I wear scarves all year around. In the summer - EVERYWHERE except outside is air conditioned and chilly.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a scarf person, but they look fine on others. Just not my thing. (By the way, I'm in the metro-DC area and had to scrape frost off my windshield this AM……and it wasn't an April Fool's joke!). C'mon, Mother Nature…it's SPRING!!!!!!!!