New Contributor

Summer Weight Business Casual Clothing Recommendations?

Hi All, Any recommendations for business casual tops, very light jackets and pants that will keep me from passing out in the summer heat? I live in south Florida. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Re: Summer Weight Business Casual Clothing Recommendations?

I would look at Denim & Co. or Quacker or even Linea and Lori Goldstein. They all have some nice light weight tops and jackets. If you like a sort of knit/stretch look at some of Susan Gravers collections.Whatever you check out just read reviews on them, is usually what I do when looking for something.

Good luck

Respected Contributor

Summer business style can be tricky!

I'm retired, but if I were working in an office, I would buy this jacket at Talbots. I saw it in the store, in Robins Egg Blue, and it's beautiful! (I still might buy it if it goes on sale.) It comes in yellow, light blue, and navy (indigo).

Striped Ottoman Knit Jacket

Striped Ottoman-Knit Jacket

I always found offices to be cold, so jackets in summer were necessary when I was working.

Esteemed Contributor

When I worked, it was hot in NYC but cold in the office...I liked the Liz Claiborne tee dresses with an IM flowered sweater if the dress was solid...IM also made some nice tee dresses in solids. I also wore his sweater jackets which are light with soft suiting style.
Honored Contributor

Talbots-

In linen-

mostly cotton-

Respected Contributor

very cute jackets

Super Contributor

Dresses are cooler on the heat. Sleeveless. Substitute a nice button up shirt with 3 /4 sleeves for the jacket to wear over the dress. With a statement necklace, it will look good and perfect for summer.
New Contributor

Doglover3, Peachesncream,Stray770, lolakimono and luvingit, Thanks so much for your thoughtful suggestions! I will checkout all of your recommendations. I've seen the LOGO line and wondered if the fabric was summer weight. I work with mostly males in industrial surroundings so the business-y lightweight jacket over a simple top and pants are ideal.