Regular Contributor

I thought I would share a Monday morning chuckle!! I purchased a Joan Rivers quilted jacket and since I had ordered other colors in this same jacket, I guess I just hung this one in the closet without really paying a lot of attention to it.

Well, I put it on this morning to go to work and for whatever reason, put my hands in the pockets....left pocket was a GUM brush that is used to clean between ones teeth and in the right pocket was another GUM + toothpick with the colored ribbon on top used for pick up foods!! I thought OMG....but then what else are you going to do but laugh!!

Also when you really look at it I can tell the coat has been washed as the lining is wrinkled!! This kind of thing seldom happens to me, but when it does, it gives you a funny feeling!!

Esteemed Contributor

I recently opened a Quacker Factory top that I thought looked washed. If it wasn't a top that I REALLY wanted ...I would have sent it back. This was the only time I got anything that I thought was returned. My mother used to shop alot more than me and she got several, like you, that had 'remnants' from someone else in the pockets. She thought people must wear them once and then send them back.

Respected Contributor

That would make me gag, to find a GUM device. It was in someone's mouth, right? No thanks.

Super Contributor

The former owner must have worn it again after washing ... who puts that kind of stuff in their pockets!

Honored Contributor

I received a Victor Costa jacket that had a wedding program in the pocket.

From HSN I received a sugar depilatory that had hair in it.

Super Contributor

There's just no excuse for something like that. That is a problem with quality control employees. They should be inspecting the garments more carefully when they are returned, before they ship them out to another customer.

Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 lulu2 said:

Ugh! You just made me gag a little in my mouth!

Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Colonel Meow said:
On 3/30/2015 lulu2 said:

Ugh! You just made me gag a little in my mouth!

ITA -- that is just gross.

Super Contributor

Where is the quality control in these stories? Is there no one in the returns department that gives even a minimal once over to a garment?

OP I hope you send this back pronto and insist that your shipping is refunded. I'd make a fuss if I had to.