Contributor

I wish QVC would add a model that was average height (5'5") average size - size 14. This would save me money. I would get a better idea of the actual length of the tops and bottoms and how much they would cling to my middle or my bottom. When I look around my neighborhood I don't see many 5'10" sylph women. I see more 5'5" size 14 women. Why not have a model that represents a lot of American women?

Esteemed Contributor
because the clothes look so much better on a size 4 woman who is,5 ft 10
Contributor
I would like to see some size medium models. It seems there is tall xxs models or Jackie (who is great)!
Honored Contributor

The reason that models are thin "across the board" is they're supposed to model the clothing not their figure. They are, more simply a "hanger". Sometimes I have noticed that the models may be almost the same weight, but usually they have one in misses size and one for plus sizes; sometimes a petite model.

Jackie would probably be your example. At 5' 5" you will almost always have to hem your pants, because the designers want to be inclusive to everyone. You'll notice Dennis Basso always shows his "turn back" cuffs which can be adjusted to your arm length.

I have noticed that designers have different ideas about "fit models", the model they drape in developing the design. In a brand that I like I have found the cotton turtlenecks to run small, but the woven shirts that button down the front swallow me! No way an hour glass can wear this brand's slacks. The thigh area is all of two inches wide! LOL!

Honored Contributor

A agree with you. Most the women I see when I'm out and about are probably 5'4"" and at least a size 14.

Contributor

There are regular and plus models - petite too but the regular sized models are all just so tall! I would like to see models that are more like 5'6"".

Respected Contributor
I so agree with o.p. Would love some regular size, height models would help a lot.
Contributor
I often wonder if any of the shopping channels would ever put a disabled person on air, either as a host, vendor, or model. I would applaud that!
Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 funtoshop said: I often wonder if any of the shopping channels would ever put a disabled person on air, either as a host, vendor, or model. I would applaud that!

Funtoshop, that is a brilliant idea and it's overdue. Kudos for bringing it to the forums.

Super Contributor
On 3/29/2015 funtoshop said: I often wonder if any of the shopping channels would ever put a disabled person on air, either as a host, vendor, or model. I would applaud that!

Disabled in what way?