Respected Contributor

Any one have experience using those storage bags that you use your vacuum to withdraw the air from and store items in a much smaller space. I would like to do that with my sweaters and heavier tops , but wonder if they return to looking the same when 'unpacked' ?

Valued Contributor

Yep, they look just fine after being "unpacked". I just did two big bags---one of winter sweaters and one for a down comforter and mattress pad---and stored them under the guest bed till next season. It has always worked perfectly for me. HTH

KK

Esteemed Contributor
I have been using them years -- they work great. Stored items come out looking fine. I have had problems with air leaking out a bit when I store them in my very hot attic, but they still stay sealed. I would not be without them.
Honored Contributor

I could never work the darn things.

Honored Contributor

Mine lose some of the air, or lack of air, but they still work fine and items inside are just as when I put them in.

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

It depends on what fabrics you are storing. Some of my draperies, duvet covers and pillow shams were ruined because the wrinkles were so tight from air being removed and would not come out. Tried steaming out, ironing out, sent to the cleaners to see if they could remove wrinkles with no luck. Wasted a lot of money. Would only shrink inexpensive things. Would never try do good blankets, robes, pillows etc. I have a lot of these bags and don't use anymore because of these disastrous results. Some of my daughters stuffed toys never looked the same after being in air removed bags. We even tried leaving some air in the bags the following summer and still those results were less than satisfactory. We gave up!

Honored Contributor
Space Bags are a wonderful concept with just one downside...they don't work. I've had them ever since they were invented and without exception, they've all leaked air in a short time. The only ones I've had success with are the dual use bags for packing suitcases for travel. They only need to stay inflated a short time so they work well.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Last week I sent a king size velour blanket and some clothes to my niece. To cut down the huge size, I used a super jumbo space bag. My niece said everything came out perfectly. Several years ago when she was moving, I showed her how to fold all her sweaters: one on top of the other and all sleeves smoothed out on one side and then the other sleeves on the opposite side. Her sweaters came out as neatly as she put them in. HTH ........when getting ready to pack, always buy a few more bags than you will need just in case there are some problems or defects. You'll be glad you did when it' slate and the stores are closed. You can always return unused bags for credit and the defective ones for store credit.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor
I have a set from the q where you roll them to squeeze the air out. I put quilts/comforters in them. Haven't had any issues.
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of problems with them. I buy them to pack with and therefore the ones that have to be use a vacuum are not practical. Where can I get a vacuum in a hotel to seal them? The ones I can roll make sense but they seem to break and or the seal opens or does not hold.

So the idea is a great one but I have yet to find one brand that works for me.