Valued Contributor

I must say that QVC is my go to shopping channel. Every once in a while I see something I just must have on one of the others that I shop, either HSN or Evinelive.

QVC hands down has the easiest ordering process and makes it very easy for you to CANCEL should you change your mind about an order which I am sure most of us have done. To figure out how to cancel on the other two websites, they make it next to impossible to cancel orders.

This has been my experience and I just thought I would pass it along. It also makes me think twice before ordering again off of one the "other" shopping channels.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

You will receive a ""letter"" reprimanding you if you cancel too often.

QVC sends cancellation letters telling you not to do that or they will close your account.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 winamac1 said:

QVC sends cancellation letters telling you not to do that or they will close your account.

What's often? I do think any responsible business should close down overly zealous cancelers because that does cost dollars the rest of us have to pay.

I even think one of the reasons the new shipping policy doesn't return our initial shipping cost is that way too many people were using the free return to substitute for careful ordering. That ended up costing everyone money - before the new policy and certainly now.

Lots of people seem to think returns don't cost companies money. My guess is those same people have never been owners of a business.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the ordering and cancelling process. QVC has the best system. I try very hard not to cancel and or return. I have been a careful shopper.

However it would seem that cancellation would be a better option and I don't see why the Q gets "warning letter" upset about it. If I have cancelled it was within 15 minutes and it was not a high in demand item. Nobody was hurt, nothing was lost and postage was not an issue in any direction.

We cannot try things on. We are subject to skillful sales tactics. We are human and have the right to change our minds and or experience the items on a hands on basis. It would seem the letters are a slap in the face for trying, for believing. Not our fault in most cases if we change our minds or the products are not to our liking.

Esteemed Contributor

It's easy to cancel on Evine Live, HSN and QVC. Never a problem. All three are good about cancelling.

Super Contributor

Never had a problem cancelling on other networks. I know HSN has a cancellation policy that you must cancel before midnight of the order day. But never had a real problem. And when/if QVC sends me a litter regarding cancelling orders, that will be it for me. That's just the way I shop, either online or in stores. I put the item in my "cart", think about it for an hour or so, then decide if I want to return it to the "shelves". IMO, enough comes home to me to allow me to do this.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 bonnielu said:

I agree with the ordering and cancelling process. QVC has the best system. I try very hard not to cancel and or return. I have been a careful shopper.

However it would seem that cancellation would be a better option and I don't see why the Q gets "warning letter" upset about it. If I have cancelled it was within 15 minutes and it was not a high in demand item. Nobody was hurt, nothing was lost and postage was not an issue in any direction.

We cannot try things on. We are subject to skillful sales tactics. We are human and have the right to change our minds and or experience the items on a hands on basis. It would seem the letters are a slap in the face for trying, for believing. Not our fault in most cases if we change our minds or the products are not to our liking.

If they were sent for every cancellation, I might agree, but if they're sent to those, who like the return letter receivers, are returning huge percentages, I just don't want to shop where I have to pay for that.

Online shopping is a whole different duck from brick and mortar and yes, there is a learning curve, but I don't have to order 1o times from a line to realize it doesn't work for me. Sometimes with clothing just from seeing items on the models, I can tell I should not order, but if I do order and it's wrong for me, why would I keep trying the same line and then have to cancel or return? How many times is enough? Not over 50% in my book.

Respected Contributor

It's been a long time since I got that letter because I haven't ordered anything in over three years. The letter made me realize how much time and money I was wasting by ordering and buying without even counting the cancelled orders. It's based on a percentage of your cancelled orders.

Super Contributor

I placed an order early yesterday morning and tried to cancel it a few hours later. (It was for a carpet cleaning spray that I found I already had one left.)

I tried for several hours to cancel online, but couldn't even sign in to get to the Order Status. Finally called CS and was told it was too late to cancel as it was already in process. Was told I wouldn't be charged for it's return as the site was down most of the morning.

Then, there are orders that sit there for 3 or 4 days before they are In Process. Go figure!.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 lovescats said:

You will receive a "letter" reprimanding you if you cancel too often.

It's been a long time since I got that letter because I haven't ordered anything in over three years. The letter made me realize how much time and money I was wasting by ordering and buying without even counting the cancelled orders. It's based on a percentage of your cancelled orders.

Good for you! We all kind to have your kind of personal responsibility. I'm sure that letter was beyond irritating, but you used it for a personal good.

What you didn't tell is whether your changed QVC buying habits have carried over to other retailers, too. I hope so - I say that because most of us can save more money nowadays by not falling for pitches from all the sources that bombard us than by just finding items cheaper elsewhere.

Now that the money I saved for retirement is no longer growing much, not spending is the best way I have to try to guarantee myself economic independence going forward. Ifg QVC helped you do that, it worked for both them and you!