Contributor

if dooney and bourke never wear out why own so many

With so many people in need of assistance to live day to day how can people brag about owning 40 bags. Lot of money if you add it up.

Super Contributor

Re: if dooney and bourke never wear out why own so many

People make their own decisions what they spend, it is their money and they can use it as they see fit. It's not my business if someone owns 40 Dooney bags or 400. I don't pay for them.

Valued Contributor

To collect. I guess 40 is an impressive number to fellow DB owners.

Contributor

i never thought of that. thanks

Respected Contributor

There are no externally enforced ethical principles that can be applied to the purchase of handbags. Those come from within, and it's the prerogative of the purchaser.

Honored Contributor

When people call in, and tell the show host how many Dooney bags they own, I sometimes think they're exaggerating. But whatever makes one happy.....
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I have quite a few Dooneys; some were gifts, but I purchased most. Why so many? Because I want various colors and styles. I just purchased my first black bag, can't believe I didn't have one. So, I definitely can live the rest of my life without purchasing another bag, but if I see one that strikes my fancy, I'll probably buy it. I
Super Contributor

People spend money on sports events, concerts, dining, traveling.....these are consumable products and we don't necessarily look at them as extravagant spending. I know people who love shoes, coats, handbags, cars, art....the pursuit, the love of the item is subjective.

It's up to an individual to make peace with their own view of philanthropy and service. Collecting beautiful things and giving of oneself are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Contributor

I now have reasons for my overindulgence in handbags Yes, dooney and burke. I watch the shows and thankfully I got away scot free this time. I nenver could answer my own question of why so many bags. Cause I like pretty things.

Honored Contributor

Of course no one needs a majority of the things QVC sells. That caller could be wealthy, and donate money to the needy for all we know.