Honored Contributor

Prices of clothing (and other products) lately on Q has made me get off the couch &

Go to stores in my area coupons in hand! Today I went to Lane Bryant (yes clothes are pricey) but great sale & I had $25 off $50 purchase, Kohls 30% + $10 off $25 purchase, Jcp 20% disc, Macy's oh lots of clearance & 20% additional off, Talbots had a great sale 70%+ additional 10. That's all the stores I could take in one day BUT I bought great buys tried everything on and was pleased to get a few new pieces for under $100. I bought a Maxine swimsuit ($88) after coupons discounts $26,,, so glad I got off the couch and headed to our nicest mall today! I saw SG show a tunic yesterday w/shtax was over $50 bought same style today at Macy's for $18.47!
Respected Contributor

Re: Prices of clothing (and other products) lately on Q has made me get off the couch &

I think a lot of us are doing just like you. The local stores are now competative with the advantage of being able to try on the item. Unless you just cannot get out or live a in a really rural area, you have a lot more options than we did 15 years ago. I ordered from the shopping channels because they had items that were not available to me. Now our area has a lot more to offer and the on line options are tremendois. It's a whole different ball game now.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Re: Prices of clothing (and other products) lately on Q has made me get off the couch &

I went two days ago and was able to get two things at amazing prices at Macy's, more at Lucky Brand and the Loft. The best thing ... I got to try them on for FREE!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.devil2} This is what I'll be doing for now on, unless the Q has something that really is unique, and I just must have? {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Canada but I feel the same way and I pretty much stopped buying clothes off the internet and returned to bricks and mortar shopping for clothes for a couple of reasons: price (I'm good at scoping out deals), and fit (I can try on the clothes and decide if the item fits or not) and there's no returns or restocking fees or return postage to pay. Jeans and pants need to fit well and I am ready and willing to try on as many pairs as I need to find one that I like that fits well in store. I only order off the internet if I get free shipping to the store for pick-up and that's because I ordered the same pull on skinny jeans that I already owned but in a different color. The only clothing item I have bought from TSC and kept was a Joan Rivers jacket (that is also available on QVC) and a Liz Lange top (that is also available on HSN). I looked at their garment measurements and videos too and I also own the same Liz Lange top so I knew what to expect. I've also bought Joan Rivers clothes before so I know the fit.

But I am fed up with buying items from the internet that don't live up to my expectations and then have to send them back so I've cut way back on internet shopping.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you! Just noticed tonight that a skirt on my wish list is up by $10! Now $68 was $58 just a day or so ago and both are ""Featured Price."" SO DONE SHOPPING HERE UNLESS I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT FIND IT ELSEWHERE AND THEN I WILL THINK TWICE! (Not shouting at you but at the Q.)
Esteemed Contributor

In the last 2+ years, I've shopped only at Kohl's and the Polo/Ralph Lauren outlet store. Serious coupons and savings! I haven't bought clothes on Q for several years because of fit and fabric issues, high prices, and high shipping rates.

I'd rather try on clothes before I buy, plus I want to see and feel the quality of the fabric and how the clothing is made.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

You will almost always get a better deal at the BM stores. Always had, probably always will.
Respected Contributor

I'm right there with you. I find that so many things I've bought from shopping channels in the past simply don't meet my expectations. I like that I can go to B&M stores and they let me try on as much as I like free. Why pay S&H, plus return fees to try on something that may not be the quality of fabric and/or assembly you want in your wardrobe?

I'm going out later today to do a little shopping for Bermuda shorts.