Respected Contributor

GILI Prices - Outrageous Increases

I went into the GILI website at QVC to purchase another obi belt. I took a look at new prices and was flabbergasted. The lovely large collar GILI leather jacket that was Lisa's last GILI TSV is now $299. Yesterday it was $218. Does QVC think no one will notice.

Occasional Contributor

Re: GILI Prices - Outrageous Increases

It seems all the gili prices have increased!! They need to go down not up!! Another leather jacket was $299 and it is now $377! That's crazy!
Honored Contributor

I guess we, the customers, are expected to subsidize Jill M.'s probable inflated salary!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Jill M has HIGH
-ENd taste!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I hope QVC loves her enough to pay her that big price because I think many will be fleeing to the department and boutique shops. Adios.

Super Contributor

It almost seems illegal that a retailer can increase prices that much, on an item that's been sitting in a warehouse for more than one season. I'm imagining what would happen if Nordstrom or Macy's did this with their inventory!
Regular Contributor

On 3/27/2015 chihuahua lover said: It seems all the gili prices have increased!! They need to go down not up!! Another leather jacket was $299 and it is now $377! That's crazy!

I think it is up to $399 this morning if you are referring to the pieced leather jacket.

Honored Contributor

It's like when the price of gold kept going up every day. I guess the Q thinks these items are like gold! Invest in these pieces, and they will appreciate in value!... NOT!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I've said it before, but it's like they're testing limits to see just how far they can push customers before they tell the Q to 'stick it'... It isn't going to take anybody with functioning grey matter very long to do so and to shop elsewhere, especially for non-brand name goods...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

QVC may have overestimated the desirability of the line and yet feel those that love it will pay anything in order to own a GILI item.