Esteemed Contributor
Ok now I rarely if ever watch Jill as I have stated many times, but wanted to really see the first the item that was on the Joan rivers collection , looking for a lace jacket, so had no choice....throughout the whole presentation it was just umm, umm, umm, and umm. I mean can't she use her vocabulary better. Being a daughter of a teacher I mean really! And now David dingle whom I love, he is great , well now HE is her dear friend! Is there no one (vendor) not her good friend?? She always seemed to say that about every vendor. It's like their all her BFF,s, think not. And dose not impress me.
Super Contributor
I heard all that umm umm umming too. Remember that host Kim Parrish? She used to do the same umming. At least Jill took off that horrible black jacket that she couldn't even zip up.
Respected Contributor
This is something I rarely pay any attention to, but it's been getting worse all across the board on T V. It drives my husband crazy so if he is here, he always says, " stop saying umm!" Then I really notice it and can't tune it out.
Super Contributor

I don't know about Jill, but have you ever tried to listen to Erin Burnett on CNN at 7 pm????? It's "ah ah ah ah ah ah" every three words .... I can't stand it! I have to turn her off, it's so annoying!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Jill's relationship with Joan Rivers went way back and they were very close. If so, then why would she not also be good friends with David Dangle, since he was Joan's "right hand man"? I don't think she would say that to "impress" anyone. As for the umm's, I hardly ever notice that.

Super Contributor
And bless Gabrielle Kerr - she says RIGHT? all the time -
Respected Contributor
I agree with OP. Jill isn't the only offender when it comes to the constant, annoying ummmmmmmms. Shawn is just as bad, if not worse, so is Pat. Lisa R was also really bad about it too. For people that make a living talking on television, they should be able to speak in a much more professional manner. The annoying habits make me want to change the channel, not watch and purchase.
Respected Contributor
On 3/26/2015 SAgal said: And bless Gabrielle Kerr - she says RIGHT? all the time -

oh yes & it drives me crazy! I can't watch her anymore.

Carolyn is really bad about the umm. Actually there are several that do it.

Honored Contributor

Just as I read the thread title I heard the host on Evine say - yep - UMMM.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2015 MarthaStewardess said: I agree with OP. Jill isn't the only offender when it comes to the constant, annoying ummmmmmmms. Shawn is just as bad, if not worse, so is Pat. Lisa R was also really bad about it too. For people that make a living talking on television, they should be able to speak in a much more professional manner. The annoying habits make me want to change the channel, not watch and purchase.

Ummmmmm... I agree. The Ums are very annoying. What is wrong with a moment of silence until they can think of what to say next? Maybe they are afraid we will change the channel unless they are continually making noise with their mouth. Lisa Mason never said Ummmm, so it can be done!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead