Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, March 26)

Good Morning Ladies! I'm about to take a walk with DH, but I thought I would check in with you first. It is another beautiful, sunny day here, and it should get up into the 80's. Nice!

I was very surprised to see on FB that Jean is off to sub today. I hope it is a very good day for her, and she doesn't overdo it.

After our walk, I plan to go to Curves, and I have the last of my two "classes" for the semester (British history and British mystery writers) this afternoon. I am sitting in DH's former "office" where I have moved my computer. The internet signal is much better here, and I think I will like it once I do a bunch of straightening/cleaning. Due to DH's dementia, he no longer uses the computer. And, he doesn't use this room for much other than storing and changing clothes. Given that the house only has two bedrooms, that seems like a big waste. I guess you can figure out that I'm not totally comfortable with taking over "his" room, but I know he doesn't care.

I heard from my longest friend (since third grade) yesterday -- her niece recently gave birth to a baby girl -- sounds very sweet. My friend is also helping organize the high school reunion (in Maryland) which I will not be attending. She promised to send me pictures, which is very nice.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Gayle, pinky ann, Charlene, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, twinny, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope many of you will post and let us know what is happening.

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, March 26)

Good morning, sunny and warm here.

I am 2 weeks in to my new cardio class, really enjoy it but I am sore. Will be glad when and if that passes. We stared with around 30 and are nor down to about 20. For me once I pay for the class I will go no matter how sore I get.

This weekend I am going to do some closet cleaning and get some things ready to take to a consignment store. I have had very good luck there in the past both selling and buying.

Linda, have you ever gone back for a class reunion, I have not. Went with DH to his, he went to high school in the same town where we lived. He enjoyed his very much, but what I always thought was odd was many classmates would come long distances and the people that lived locally would not show up.

After work time for a cut and color or as I call it dip and clip!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

We just returned from our am walk and in the nick of time...it is now pouring out there.

Linda: Is there a community page or some means used to follow on facebook? I have heard reference to FB etc by posters but wasn't sure how that came about etc.

Today will probably be an indoors day. Probably a good thing because I need to get some things around the house.

Not else much new. I hope everyone has a good day.

Gayle

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Thanks for starting the thread. I hope you had a nice walk with DH, and get more comfortable using the room he no longer really needs. I don't go to reunions. I did attend the first one, but it felt too weird. It's too long a drive now anyway.

Rosa, Hope you have a good hair appointment. Love, dip and clip! lol

Gayle, Glad you missed the rain on your walk. I went to the grocery this morning, but there wasn't much rain while I was out. It's just very gloomy right now, and supposed to get cold again. yippee...... :"(

Another sinus headache today, so I'll just say hello to everyone I may have missed, or who posts later. Hope Jean is having a good day. Good for her getting out and doing what she likes so much! pinky

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....just lost two posts so will try one more time. It is a rainy day here this morning was very foggy....hopefully a lot of our snow will be washed away,

Jean hope you are having a nice day at school and are feeling better.

Gayle as to your face book question I don't know about the community one but I do know a few of us on this thread are friends on Face Book.

Susan I hope your FR wall painting is going on smoothly,

Pinky I have never had a sinus headache but heard they can be brutal, hope yours goes away quick. Do you take anything specific for it?

Rosa good for you to keep up your cardio class I am sure your soreness will go away in time. Good luck with your closet cleaning. I have started to put away some of my fleece tops.....hopefully not too soon!

LindaL I think you are wise to use the extra BR for your computer use especially if you get better reception and your DH does not use it. Have fun at your two classes this afternoon.

Not much going on here, I'm making spaghetti sauce for supper tonight, one of my kids will be coming up this weekend so I will send him back with some.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies!! Linda, I can imagine it must be strange to be using "DH's room". Sweet to keep in touch with friends - I adore my bestest friend (3yo when we met) but she doesn't keep up. I could call and call her eventually she might call back or not. But when we meet up it's like we pick up right where we left off.

Gayle a lot of us have friended each other on FB, once you find one of us you eventually find us all. Arlene may have started up a group page. If you decide you want to find us I would be glad to share my email. The SPAM robots have all found it already - I got 25 emails this morning from "paypal" actually variations of paypal fake addresses asking me to "verify account" etc.

Ann I hope your headache goes away.

Busy day at work - a great opportunity for growth... or to pillage and burn. Must get right back to it.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm having trouble getting moving today. I was awake earlier than I normally am, but have no energy and found it hard to get out of bed. I cut the grass on the front lawn yesterday, and although it didn't take long it seems to have done me in. I think part of my problem is the wildly fluctuating weather.

LindaL, I agree with Marijane; I'm sure your husband wouldn't mind your using "his" room, particularly since he doesn't have need of it.

Like Rosa I'm planning to do some closet work; today's goal is to get the bedroom closet swapped out: hanging shirts & blouses, shoes, and the pants I wear most often. It was supposed to rain today, but it's just cloudy with temps in the 70s. Because of that forecast my friend and I decided to schedule our outing for tomorrow, but wouldn't you know it, it's supposed to go back down into the 50s then! {#emotions_dlg.crying} We're having lunch and then we're going to a used bookstore; I have some textbooks and other books that aren't worth passing on, so I'm going to trade them in. What I love about that place is the books that don't sell within a certain time frame are put into bins outside, and are free for the taking; I've gotten some really good ones that way. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Hope you had a good day at school, Jean. It's good that you have something to keep your mind occupied.

Gayle, many of us are FB friends, but I also set up a page on FB some time ago called "QVC Shopaholics and Cooking Friends." My primary intention was to set up a place where those who want to make contact outside of the board can do so. Please check it out; there are some really good recipes on there, and I'd love to see more activity.

Hope you're headache is better, Pinky. I've had some sinus headaches lately too; I think it's the change in weather.

I guess I should try to get up and get to work...if I can avoid the temptation to take a nap! Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I lost my post too. I did read the posts last evening to see what you have all been up to though.

LL, It is nice that you can put to use your DH's office space. My DH has his HS 50th year class reunion in Sept. We have only missed 1 or 2 as we were on vacation. We usually only did the friday night meet & greet but will do both Friday & Saturday night this time. I will soon be looking for a nice outfit to wear.

Jean, sorry to hear about your nieces death. She had a long struggle. I hope that you had a good day at school & are feeling better. I was sorry to hear about your recent health issues.

pinky, I hope your sinus headache is gone soon. Headaches are one thing that I never usually get but I know a lot of people that say the are the worst thing ever. Your Easter plans sound nice as does the decorating. I need to so some decorating. I don't do a lot but enough to make the house look kind of spring like. Our church always has a very nice Easter brunch then services so that is what we usually do.

Marijane, just when I thought I could put away our winter coats we got a surprise snow storm of 6" on Monday. It is cold today, but they are saying 60's by the weekend so the snow will be gone in a day or two. Spaghetti YUM! YUM!

I will post about our vacation in a separate in case I lose this one too.

Trusted Contributor

Twinny...welcome back, hope you had a wonderful time.