Super Contributor

AMY presented GILI TSV alone ???

what do you fashion babes{#emotions_dlg.wub} think about this. There has been the talk of Jill.M being the "New creative director" for GILI and yet , A "no show". Isn't the vendor/ lineman supposed to be there for the whole train ride looking pekid by days end for tirelessly presenting the product for 24 hours? Being on air for the 6 P.M. show with the marm is certainly not the way to launch yourself as the face of the new creations.

Anyway , Amy did a good job with it.

How do you gals feel about that first airing ?

p.s. I used proper punctuation as best I could professor{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

Re: AMY presented GILI TSV alone ???

Just be grateful! If Ms Martin shows up at a later show today, it will just demonstrate her professionalism and commitment to the brand.

And, yes, Amy did an excellent job presenting the G.I.L.I. TSV.

Super Contributor

thanks for the response I agree, I wonder why they even felt the need to bring someone in to represent the line? I's a house brand to begin with , couldn't the host's just roll with it like denim and co

Trusted Contributor

I don't get it. What is all of this fuss about and why is presenting the G.I.L.I. item so different than any other? Sounds like much ado about nothing to me.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a good idea - no need always for a vendor rep. Plenty of them could stay home - they say the same things every time they show.

I suppose if you love a particular vendor and hang on every word, you'd miss him or her, but even for items I like, I never feel insulted should the vendor or a rep not show up in person. After all, I spend thousands of dollars elsewhere where I have no idea of any faces behind the items. Cats, TV's. clothes from brick and mortar, you name it --I have no idea of a "who" and I buy just the same.

Respected Contributor

Jill Martin is the Creative Director, not the on air vendor, which is probably why she's not going to be on every presentation. Since GILI is wholly QVC's line like D&C, there's no need to bring someone else into the mix.
Valued Contributor

Although a vendor can be helpful, I don't think they are an absolute necessity. I have watched QVC for decades now, & remember the days when they didn't even have vendors for most products. A host is plenty, in most cases. By the time the hosts learn the vendor's info enough to repeat it themselves, they don't even give them the opportunity to say their bit most of the time, anyway. Plus, I personally feel it is a bit brutal to expect the vendors to pull a 24/7 day for a TSV, especially the frequent fliers.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 NJ4Jays said:

thanks for the response I agree, I wonder why they even felt the need to bring someone in to represent the line? I's a house brand to begin with , couldn't the host's just roll with it like denim and co

I agree

Honored Contributor

Doesn't Jill Martin also report on the NY Knicks games, and I think they played last night

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I think Amy did a great job, but was also surprised JM was a no-show!...I actually preferred the presentation with just Amy!