Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 3/25)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a nippy but acceptable day with overcast skies. This day, despite the gloom, is far better than most of the days in prior months.

My success of the day is the early morning removal of the catheter. The doctor's office called yesterday to confirm I should remove it today if there was no longer any blood or pink tint to the urine and stated I should do it early enough to permit nature to take over but if not within a specified time I should call them. All is good.

What is amazing is all the support I've received here and especially on Facebook. The fact that someone took time to post a message of support is overwhelming when one gets used to many people being wrapped up in their little world. I see the doctor next Tuesday when the full ramifications will be known. I have also talked with my niece's family in Florida regarding her death. She will be missed but she fought a courageous battle for a year. Enough of that!

I see today is a jewelry fascination day. I don't think so. I did read that Lisa Mason is returning to QVC. I really missed her as she was a classy lady. I also remember her cautioning people to buy only if it was within their budget. She did her job of pushing an item but not to the point that she forgot some people could not buy some items and still be financially responsible.

I'll likely spend the day being lazy and then start adding activities back into my routine tomorrow.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 3/25)

Kona you have been in my prayers, it sounds like you are making progress. I am glad for you.

It is over cast here, rain in the afternoon. I have been dog sitting my DS and his wifes' dog since Sunday. They will be home today. I had forgotten what a responsibility a dog is and how much time they take.

No shopping on my agenda today!

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Pets are a big responsibility but I know your DS is much more comfortable knowing that you are taking care of the dog. People who don't see pets as fur babies and just feed them anything have no idea how much time and money goes into the care of a pet. Thank you for the comments.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean I'm so glad to know that you are feeling loved, and that things are progressing as they should. I thought of you this morning, it was a cat thing on FB. I was on my phone so did not share, will have to try to go back and find it.

I'm looking forward to the weekend at home and spending time with a friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Happy you were able to remove that catheter, Jean, and also glad you felt the love and support sent to you via Facebook, etc. Hope you have a relaxed day, and can start to get back to some of your normal activities tomorrow. I continue to pray for you and send big hugs.

Hi Rosa -- I'm sure that taking care of your son's dog did take more time than you remembered, but it was very nice of you. I'm sure your son appreciates your assistance.

Hope you have a fun weekend, Kathleen.

Waves to Arlene, Gayle, pinky ann, Marijane, Charlene, LindaR, Susan, Karen, twinny, and all of our posters and readers.

I have a"marketing" (of my classes) committee meeting to attend this morning, but today should be a much less busy day than yesterday. My new printer arrived, and I have managed to print off a couple of things. I would like to learn some more of the features, etc., but that will take some time.

DH and I will be taking a walk soon, and I will go to Curves this afternoon. It is warm and sunny here.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I don't expect to purchase any jewelry today (not my weakness), but I have to say the first thing I saw was the anchor on one of the bracelet sets. I immediately thought of Kathleen. LOL

Valued Contributor

Good Morning,

Rosa, Glad you'll have some time back when DS picks up his dog. Pets take a ton of time, and can be a lot if you aren't used to doing it.

Jean, Thanks for starting the thread. Glad you're having a fairly good day weather wise. It's been mostly sunny, but I have no idea what the temperature is. Many folks will be happy if Lisa returns from what I've read. She was fun to watch, and the only host that cautioned buyers not to overspend.

I'm sure you'll be sick with jealousy after reading about my morning. I spent almost three hours emptying, washing and drying, and refilling my kitchen cabinets. Some things went back to their original places, while some got totally switched around. They look so good, if I do say so myself! LOL

With most of the top shelves out of my reach now due to loss of height, they'll remain empty. Climbing on a chair to reach things has been vetoed by both my doctor and DH, so it's additional incentive not to stockpile too much. Two pantry shelves will also be empty after Easter, when some family items go home with my sister and brother.

I ended up with three boxes of stuff to pass on to the resale shop, or donate. Some of this was supposed to go awhile back but the weather interfered. A few additional things were added, so we're about done with paring down throughout the house. I thought so before, but I can't see anything else we don't use or love anywhere now. The fall and Christmas decorations will go closer to their seasons, but the sorting is pretty much finished.

This afternoon I'm going to town for a few errands. For now and early lunch and a rest is my plan. See you later, pinky

Respected Contributor

Linda, Marketing committee sounds like so much fun! So glad you were able to get your printer going without any problems. I get frustrated very quickly with electronics. lol I certainly don't need any jewelry but here I am, off to look! Smiley Very Happy

ETA and I saw the anchor on the home page but not in any of the sets!

Valued Contributor

Hello to Linda and Kathleen!

Kathleen, Have a great weekend at home, and a good time with your friend.

Linda, Hope your meeting goes well, and you enjoy the rest of your day. pinky

Respected Contributor

Hi Ann! I'm sure your DH and DR appreciate your efforts. I went through some of my clothes this morning, and threw supper in the crock pot for tonight. I have clutter in the rv but just hadn't had the energy to take care of it. Did a bit last night and some this morning. Tonight will load up his truck to head home.

It looks like the anchor bracelet set is gone already, which is just as well. I got mine on sale for $27 so if I wait I can get a matching set for the same price. They all look the same to me!

Esteemed Contributor

Ann--You are definitely a role model for organizing and keeping things in order! Envy!! Right now...or ever...I don't have that energy.

Kathleen--Enjoy your anchor bracelet. I'm sure you will find another. It is a great way to recognize DD's achievememts.

Linda--I'm glad your new printer is working well and that the committee work is keeping you involved.

I've had my lunch so I think it is time for Midnight and me to cuddle with the Kindle. I think I'm getting used to this.