Super Contributor

Gili Show - hosted by Jill Bauer and guest Jill Martin???????????

Just seems an odd pair to present what is supposedly a Europeon couture inspired line. Jill Martin does not seem to be a fashionista - more like a cheerleader. And Jill, while I love her on many shows is not someone I think of when it comes to fashion. I bet Lisa is somewhere just shaking her head.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gili Show - hosted by Jill Bauer and guest Jill Martin???????????

After this I predict the line tanking.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I don't see a problem with Jill Martin as a co-host. She has written numerous best seller fashion make-over type books, is considered a fashion expert, participates in makeovers, writes columns on fashion, is a contributing editor of People Magazine's style watch and is an emmy award winning broadcaster!!! She actually has better credentials than Lisa Robertson and you accepted her as a QVC created/marketed style expert.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Danielle46 said:

I don't see a problem with Jill Martin as a co-host. She has written numerous best seller fashion make-over type books, is considered a fashion expert, participates in makeovers, writes columns on fashion, is a contributing editor of People Magazine's style watch and is an emmy award winning broadcaster!!! She actually has better credentials than Lisa Robertson and you accepted her as a QVC created/marketed style expert.

She has the expertise but her on air presentation is "Walmart" IMO

Respected Contributor

I will like something if I like it and only for that reason -- not because of who is presenting it.

Regular Contributor

I agree...Jill's look is conservative and boring. They look like polar opposites. What a mess. Why couldn't Lisa Robertson just be the creative director of GILI? Why did she have to leave all together?

Esteemed Contributor

If people do not like the vendor/host pairing it makes a big impact as their tv will be on a different channel and will never see the product.

Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 3/24/2015 ellaphant said:

Jill is the polar opposite of anything to do with 'fashion'..always looks frumpy.

Well, I'm sure they can dress her up just as Shawn made a complete turnaround with her style. BTW, when Lisa Robertson started on QVC she didn't look anything like she does today. She evolved and so can Jill.

Nicely put.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 ellaphant said:

Jill is the polar opposite of anything to do with 'fashion'..always looks frumpy.

man frumpy is being kind she looks well older than what she claims to be they should never put her near clothes or beauty its a losing sales proposition

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Nancy Drew said:

After this I predict the line tanking.

meee tooooo