Respected Contributor

I need help with dress lengths....

I don't wear dresses but I saw some cute fit and flare dresses that I would love to try out for summer wear. I can't visualise the length. I'm 5'4", size 16. I have some junk in my trunk but I'm an hour glass shape. The dresses are 35" and 36". Where would that length fall on my leg ??? Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: I need help with dress lengths....

Only suggestion I can make is taking a tape measure and either on a dress you own measure to where that length is or have someone measure you and see where 35-36"" is exactly from your shoulders.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 JustJazzmom said:

Only suggestion I can make is taking a tape measure and either on a dress you own measure to where that length is or have someone measure you and see where 35-36"" is exactly from your shoulders.

Perfect suggestion!

Esteemed Contributor

I would say those will hit just above the knee. I'm 5' 2" and that length falls middle to bottom of the knee on me, but I kinda depends on if your height is in your body or your legs.

Maybe you have another dress you can measure and get an idea from that?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Thanks, ladies! I never would have thought of measuring a dress I already own...lol

Respected Contributor

Using a current dress as a guide is a good idea. But if you do measure with a tape, be sure to go down over the bust as it will take the dress up some.

Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 happygal said:

Using a current dress as a guide is a good idea. But if you do measure with a tape, be sure to go down over the bust as it will take the dress up some.

....will do, thank you.