Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We have a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning, I am so tired of this, it will melt soon but I want to see sun and flowers blooming. I know, you can't always get what you want. We (DH) has started the painting in the downstairs, I will start to help with it after my appt. this morning. I love to paint and much as I love to get a tooth filled. Okay, you get the picture.

Jean - I am thinking about you this morning, please try to keep in good spirits. I know your four legged baby is happy to have you home.

Kathleen - You will be "anchored" down with all your jewelry. Sorry couldn't pass that up. Glad you hear from DD and she is doing well. I know you both are very proud of her.

LindaL - Have a good walk today, is DH joining you on it?

Well need to get moving, I have an appt. to make, hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Tuesday

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry about your weather. You might find it too hot later in the year, but today you would enjoy it here. Should be nice and warm plus sunny. Hope the painting goes better than normal.

Like you, I am thinking of Jean this morning. I know that she is facing these health issues with grace and strength. And, I am sure you are correct about Midnight.

Yes, DH will be joining me on our walk, and he will be coming to the senior lunch program with me today. He will also probably join me at the gym this afternoon. I try to keep him as active as possible. And, I think he appreciates it despite some occasional grumbling.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Gayle, pinky ann, charlene, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, twinny, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. We also had a dusting of snow but less than you. You are getting a big start on your Spring make over with the painting. I do hope your appointment goes well.

I'm doing fine today despite the cancer diagnosis. I just have to wait until March 31 for the details as it takes time for the analysis, etc. In the meantime, I'm sporting a new fashion accessory of a catheter and urine collection bag. This permits the procedure to heal without the urine collecting around it. Yesterday evening, I thought it looked as if I might need a blood transfusion but today it is very minor which agrees with what was stated on the discharge. Now, it is just wait and see.

Thank you everyone for the positive vibes and prayers. Make the most of your day!!

Back to reading the third and final novel in the Escape series! Excellent!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Jean, prayers your way. I am glad you are doing o.k. and hope the best for you as you get details and more information after the cancer analysis. Waiting is no fun for sure. I need to get that series you are reading, it sounds like a true page turner. Glad you are home, how did Midnight do?

Very sunny here but I am working on a home study course. At least this one is interesting. I am cooking tuna noodle casserole for lunch, in the mood for that.

Not much here going on...hope everyone is having a good day! Gayle

Valued Contributor

Jean, I'm sorry you didn't get better news. I'll keep praying that the 31st will do so. So glad that a transfusion wasn't necessary.

Susan, Have fun painting... :@( I really don't mind it, and I wish I lived closer so I could give you a hand.

Linda, Have fun getting out with DH today. I hope you enjoy the blog as much as I have.

I've been making one final ( I hope) pass through the downstairs this morning, to round up anything I may have missed that needs to be sent on it's way. It was a good job for today, as I had no plans, and wanted to do something easy to start and stop.

It's cold but sunny, and I'm with Susan on waiting to see warmth and flowers. This afternoon I'll take a break for awhile, and maybe call my sister and a friend. No ideas for supper as of yet, so I hope to be inspired soon. Take care everyone, pinky

Respected Contributor

Jean I am so sorry to read this news. Glad you made it through the procedure ok. I remember my husband not wanting to lay flat and was quite "a pill" about it. Glad you don't need a blood transfusion and I am praying for you and your medical team, and for a speedy recovery.

Susan, too cute! DD has always loved anchors, and that was her first tattoo, an anchor on her back. She loves that scripture about hope and being anchored.

I had an employee health fair this morning and my coworker and I had a really good time. My mammogram got cancelled - it's a mobile unit and it was having technical difficulties. They will reschedule so I'm happy it will still get done. I got a lot of information and am really excited about the possibility of a new boot camp!

Esteemed Contributor

Ooops! I think people misread the blood transfusion. The urine collection bag really filled with blood yesterday, so it looked bad. Today, it has stopped. Tomorrow morning, I take out the catheter. Midnight has been a great cuddlier during this. While I was reading, he curled up against me in bed....and now insisted I get up.

Kathleen--I know you are so excited awaiting DD's graduation from boot camp. I'm sorry your mammogram was cancelled.

Ann--One final pass? If you want, you can come here and take care of the excess. You are on top of things!

Gayle--Enjoy your home study course. It is things like this that keep the brain active and also keeps us younger than some of our peers!

Linda--DH may grumble but, as you said, he likely enjoys the time doing things with you. Keeping active is important for everyone but also for those having some challenges.

I just received a telephone call. My Florida niece just died. This was a long struggle for her so the death was not unexpected but it is still a painful loss. At the same time, living with getting nutrition through a tube into the veins after her intestinal tract was removed made things very difficult for her. She has survived that surgery a year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Jean - I am very sorry about the loss of your niece, it still is very hard even if you are expecting it.

Kathleen - Sorry about the cancellation of your appt.

Pinky - I wish you lived closer also, and you could do some decluttering while you were here.

LindaL - Have a good time at the senior program.

Gayle - I love tuna, but have never made a tuna casserole.

I did have a longer post but lost it, so this was the quickie version.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hello ladies, I read your thread during my down times. I have talked to myself about "cost per use.." as I too like shopping!

I wanted to say I just read your post Konakat and I know you had a procedure the other day and I am sorry to hear that you said "cancer diagnosis.." my thoughts and prayers are with you!

I know there isn't anything us ladies on here can do but just wanted to let you know - that I too have you in my prayers...

Also so very sorry to hear about your niece.

Keep us posted if you feel like it..we are all in your corner!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Jean, so sorry about your niece and also your diagnosis; I'll keep praying for you. Hug

It's a beautiful, sunny, warm day out - 71° right now - so I'm going to take the dogs out for a ride to Publix, as they have a good sale on butter and my babies enjoy their outings. I don't need anything else, apart from fresh green beans (for some reason frozen don't taste right), but it's something to do. I'm just waiting for Autumn to get home from her daily jaunt- I hate it that she does that, but if I put her on a tie-up so she can't run off she gets out of her collar and runs off anyway, and at least this way she has identification on her. Yesterday evening we went to the library; I had started a good series by Elaine Viets but the library only had three of the books in it. I liked it so much that I got the rest of it on Amazon, and donated them after I was through reading them. My nightstand is now clear of that pile, so I can put the new clock radio/CD player there - it has a much larger footprint than the one I'm replacing.

The next few days are supposed to be near 80° although the nights are still cool, but I think I can start doing my clothes swap - I won't be wearing corduroy pants any more this year, or bulky sweaters. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I just washed the comforter on my bed and it needs a wash again, thanks to the critters, but I'm hoping that by next week I can replace it with a lighter weight coverlet.

I have a few more things I've found to take to the thrift shop; I have a bunch of stuff in the garage ready to go, and guess I should get rid of it already as it's been piling up for months. This particular thrift shop, which benefits animals, doesn't take clothing, so whatever I find that I'm not going to use I'll take to either the missions closet at church or the Salvation Army.

Nothing else going on; have a blessed day, everyone!