Super Contributor

What color tops do you like to wear with light gray pants?

I recently purchased a pair of light gray pants from Banana Republic that are the same fit and style as my beloved black pants.

I have a new top from Talbots in a color described as cameo pink that looks nice, and I know I can always pair black tops with my new pants. But the other colors in my closet (such as turquoise and coral) look "off."

Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

Re: What color tops do you like to wear with light gray pants?

More than likely ... a medium to dark blue ... solid or print.

Super Contributor

I should have added that I plan to wear snakeskin wedges with the light gray pants. The snakeskin is in shades of gray and taupe.

I like the idea of a print top, but I'm always fearful of pairing prints with these shoes. Seems like it would be a lot going on in one outfit.

Honored Contributor

I like pale blue or pale pink with gray.

Honored Contributor

I think your new pink top would look good. The right shade of coral or turquoise would work. I agree navy or light blue will also work.

Super Contributor

I like to wear Purples, Pinks, and Blues with my gray pants.

Respected Contributor

Your pink top will look great. I love pink and grey together. Red or yellow would would look good too. I am very pale and do not wear black tops. White will work, but I would add color or a print instead of a neutral like white or black.

Respected Contributor

Light gray is like black and navy; every and any color goes with it. I particularly like light gray with yellow, pale pink or pale blue. I just bought a pale blue shirt and a white shirt with light pink stripes to wear with my summer gray pants and I'll wear them with gray jeans too.

Valued Contributor

I just bought a pair of gray pants too. For Spring/Summer, I would wear lavender or pink with gray.

Respected Contributor

I love gray. It's my favorite neutral.

I wear light pink, blue, lavender and yellow with gray. Also white.

I think there might be a problem with the intensity of your turquoise and coral against the light gray. I've worn turquoise with gray, but that was with dark gray pants.