Frequent Contributor

What brand jeans do you wear?

I'm having a terrible time finding jeans anymore, they are either too long,short.or just plain funny looking on me! Yesterday I tried on so many and the crotch on one pair even hung way down- it is driving me nuts!!! I need to wear them everyday for work and I go through them very fast so I don't want to spend a fortune. By the way I am 56...maybe my Jean wearing days are over?? HaHa!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What brand jeans do you wear?

Talbot's. Their straight legged Heritage fit are my HG of jeans. Also have a couple of pairs of Jones NYC straight legged jeans. Absolutely cannot wear the NYDJ lines and I,have tried on multiple styles in that line because everyone seems to love them but they are not for me.
Honored Contributor

NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans). They seem to fit me the best-- the rise isn't too low (no muffin top!), and they have a tummy-control panel built in. And they don't look like "mom" jeans!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Inexpensive brands: Liz Claiborne, Gloria Vanderbilt, Lee. They last forever, too.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

LOFT modern straight is my fave at the moment. Also like Lucky brand and DKNY Soho.

Honored Contributor

Macy's has a great selection. Their own line is very nice. Also, Kohl's have a lot of nice ones. Very Wang is one that seems to fit well. I don't think a person has to spend an arm and a leg to find great fitting jeans! And no!!! You definitely are NOT too old to wear jeans. The good thing today is there are so many styles and brands. It does take some time and patience to find ones that are good for your particular body and needs.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Mostly Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda from Kohl's. They come in petite short (27 inch inseam).

I miss the old D&C jeans. I had to shorten them, but they fit well and came in lots of colors.

Esteemed Contributor

Lee .. perfect fit for me and they have a lot of varieties and colors. I miss the Gap. They used to have the best selection.

Contributor

I have worn many previously listed but also found some I like at Coldwater Creek and Christopher and Banks.

Valued Contributor

Love Lee jeans...nice fabrics now, softer with stretch and a nice close fit that never feels tight. They have several styles....some have a looser fit , if that's what you like. Some have lower rises....just a nice variety. Also love Macy's style&co brand. I always have trouble with the hips and legs not fitting good in some jeans.....they can look baggy. I don't like the "mom jeans look"....lol. And like Desertdi said, they wear like iron.Smile