Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 3/18)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I am in the process of packing for an overnight stay in the capital city so I won't have to get up at an obscene hour to drive 2 hours to the first appointment of the day. I have to be there by 8:30 so driving over the extremely crooked and pot-filled roads for 32 miles before I hit the interstate didn't appeal to me.

The appointment tomorrow is with the cardiac doctor that specializes in electrical patterns of the heart. Time will tell what will come out of that appointment. On Monday, I will have the cystoscopy as urology and cardiology finally came to an agreement. The fact that the CT scan shows a lesion on the bladder added to the urgency of getting this done. I have updated my med list and other important info and printed it off for upcoming use as well as to carry with me.

I did receive the SG V-neck tops on clearance. I had ordered in a smaller size with the weight loss. The fit is perfect. If there were more colors I would like, I would order more as these are a basic with me regardless of line. I have similar ones from D&C in a different fabric but these are very, very nice and compare to SG's $40+ versions.

Well, I am off to eat lunch, finish packing, etc. I will be leaving as soon as FedEx delivers my Amazon Subscribe and Save delivery.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 3/18)

Jean, Best of luck with your appointment. I think it's smart to stay overnight and be calm and ready in the morning. Hope your order arrives soon, so you can leave when you're ready.

Nothing special going on here, just housework. I want to feel comfortable that I have things the way I want them before Easter week, so that I can have as relaxed a week as possible that week, and just look forward to seeing my family. It's cooler outside today, but beautiful. Take care everyone! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Ann--I think it is a good idea to prepare in advance and relax the week before Easter week. Sometimes, we get so caught up in last minute preparations and so exhausted that we can't enjoy the event or the company.

FedEx arrived super early. They used to come around 4pm. Today's driver was a woman; whereas, the other drivers had always been male. I'm not saying this made a difference; however, I enjoy the earlier deliveries.

I'll likely leave around 2:30pm. Poor Midnight will have to spend the night by himself. I know he will manage well but other than when boarding, he has always had me around at night.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's another beautiful day out; it's looking like summer is here! Yesterday I had to run the AC in my car, and then get out some summer weight PJs as it was so warm. I suspect we're going to have a repeat of last year - summer first, then spring, with cooler temps in July and August. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I'm glad you made the decision to stay overnight in the city, Jean; it's not worth a little money to compromise your safety, especially since you might be stressed to begin with. Praying all goes well.

I still haven't gotten back to my friend for her invite to a corned beef dinner on Sunday; I really dislike it - can't even stand the smell - and although I'd love to see her, I won't eat it. I guess I'll just tell her that I don't like it, and say if she still wants to get together I'll bring something along that I can eat for myself...or do you think that's rude?

I overdid the cleaning a bit yesterday and I'm paying for it today; I turned over the recliners and vacuumed their undersides, moved and cleaned behind the couch, washed floors, cleaned the downstairs bathroom.... There's still a lot to be done, but I'm making progress. I think today I might just vacuum the office, polish the kitchen cabinets and clean the appliances, and take care of the stairs - they need to be swept and polished. My wood floors are looking dull and worn in places; I can't find anything I really like to take care of them.

Twinny is probably on her way...hope she has a good trip.

Well, I need to get to the PO. I messed up on my Amazon order, or maybe they did; I changed the default address for one click to the PO box, since usually the only things I buy on one click are books; all third party sellers use USPS, and Amazon also usually sends books by mail. Well, even though I went through checkout to make sure my gift card balance was applied, they sent the entire order to the PO box. I'm looking forward to my clock radio with CD player, got a new porch flag (the old one was filthy and torn; Victor is going to burn it for me), and some ham bones for the dogs. Maybe I'll stop at Lowe's for a few things I need as well.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Today has been a very hard day. I am still digesting some things but need to ask for your thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely, Gayle

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jean - guess what? I got my Susan Graver tops yesterday too, and they fit great. I agree that they're good staples in a wardrobe. Glad I purchased them. Glad you made the decision to stay overnight in the city and avoid the yucky drive in the dark. Hope all goes well.

FunkyHulaGal - sorry that your Amazon orders got a bit mixed up. I recently ordered some new porch flags from them too, as my old ones were starting to look ratty. I'm hanging a new one up today, it's a blue background with colorful pansies.

Gayle - prayers coming your way. Hope things will be okay.

Yesterday my daughter took one of her goats that got bred in January to the vet clinic and did an ultrasound on her. She's pregnant! There's one baby for sure, might be another, but it's hard to tell. She is taking the second goat in this afternoon for her ultrasound. Hope it's positive!

I already goofed up this morning. I decided to water our long row of shrubs that's on a drip system, but I forgot to turn the correct valve. The hose turned on instead of the drip system. I went out 3 hours later to turn the drip off and discovered that the hose had flooded an area of our yard. Good grief.

Greetings to all ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! I'm happy you will be staying close to where you have your appointment tomorrow, Jean. I think it will be much less stressful for you, and I hope Midnight won't be too upset. Also glad you have things set up for next Monday. Now to get good results! I am praying for you. Nice that those tops worked so well for you, and you got your delivery earlier than normal.

Hi pinky ann -- sounds like a good idea to get your housework done in advance. I should follow your example, not that we are expecting guests for Easter, but it is always good to get cleaning done in advance of holidays.

Sorry you overdid the cleaning yesterday, Arlene. You are so ambitious about cleaning. I think you should let your friend know ASAP that you really appreciate the invite, but just don't eat corned beef. She probably hasn't even thought about that possibility. Hopefully, you can still get together with her.

Very sorry to hear about your day, Gayle. I hope things improve very soon.

Waves to Kathleen, twinny (hope your trip is going very well), Marijane, Charlene, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Yesterday was a pretty frustrating day for me, but I think things will work out fine. The senior lunch program was good, as was the musical performance. After that, I got embroiled in a bunch of details with my accident attorney. I thought I should be receiving my check soon, and I should be. But, there were some more hoops to got through. Forms to sign, etc., and they hadn't received information from Medicare about the money they wanted to be paid back. I had received the information, but when I tried to copy it, my printer/scanner/copier just would not work. I ended up making a copy at the library. But, I called the printer company to see if this could be fixed. Very, very, long story short, the printer (which was a replacement for one I purchased) is not fixable, and I ordered one from the company (HP). It should be here tomorrow, and I purchased a three-year guaranty. In addition, I can exchange my unused printer cartridges for ones that will fit the new printer. But, getting this done took at least 1 1/2 hours on the phone, and made dinner rushed and a bit late.

I took the material to the Post Office today, and they should receive it tomorrow. Meanwhile, DH didn't sleep well last night, and I woke up multiple times. That got me thinking/worrying, and I decided to try to get money from his brokerage account to pay our taxes, which was quite an ordeal. But, after two phone calls, going to fax a form, etc., I think this will happen soon.

I'm trying to relax because all of this has caused quite a bit of stress for me. DH and I took a walk this morning, and I will be going to Curves this afternoon.

The Irish soda bread is very tasty, in my opinion. Not sure how authentic the recipe is, and I also used dried cranberries and fennel rather than currents and caraway seeds. My only problem is that it is a very large loaf for two people.

It is very cloudy today, and we had a few sprinkles, but it is nice and warm.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Gayle, I'd be honored to pray for you.

I'm trying to get up and moving; I think I also have to get the grass cut soon before it gets too tall and I have to struggle with it.

Charlene, the only flag I ever fly is the American one; the one I had was starting to look disgraceful, but I didn't want to put a new one out until the weather got better. I got an "add-on" on Amazon for under $5; I know I have another one around here somewhere because I ordered two the last time, but put it in a "safe place," and you know how that goes! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

LindaL, I'll let my friend know today that I'd love to see her, but don't eat corned beef. My mother used to make it, and just the memory of the smell turns my stomach! Sorry you're still having problems after the accident - and thanks for reminding me I have to call the company about my printer. I'm so sorry I replaced the nice one I had for a wireless one - it really wasn't much trouble to carry my laptop into my office.

While cleaning yesterday I found a lap desk under the couch that I had forgotten all about; I thought I had taken it to the thrift shop. I was planning to buy a new one after I read that you shouldn't keep a laptop right on your lap, as it can overheat, so that saves me some money. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Gayle I will be praying for you!

Linda such a hassle! I feel your pain. I've had my share of irritating technical difficulties at work and it makes me want to scream! Luckily the IT dept fixed some things and now I finally feel like I am able to get some things done, and am slowly crossing things off my list.

Charlene, my Dad had goats for years and years. The dog just LIVED for the moments that we told her to "go get them" and she would run around them, head them off at the pass and direct them back onto the parent's property. Smiley Very Happy

Jean I'm glad you are staying closer and will get more sleep. I am praying that everything works out for you.

Same old thing here today. I didn't sleep good so didn't make boot camp. Haven't been walking much lately. I did go home last night and cooked a good supper, and it was nice to feel good again. I don't know if I have allergies but my nose and sinus is back to drip drip drip again just like it was when I first got sick the very beginning of February.

Respected Contributor

Gayle: You and yours will be in my prayers.

Jean: Hope your appointment goes well. I think I would also have stayed overnight.

LindaL: I have also been dealing with techinical difficulties!. Had printer issues last week also.

Kathleen: Loved the FB on the recruits---very interesting to read about the process.