Super Contributor

Have you seen the Shirt Boutique?

Check out Chico's Shirt Boutique ...

I'm only investing in tops and accessories this spring and summer. Going basics on pants.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you seen the Shirt Boutique?

A lot of cute tops but too expensive for me
Honored Contributor

Thanks. I'm not buying a lot of shark bite or Ikat. Not a good investment and a little goes a long way.

Honored Contributor

the good thing about chicos is that there is almost always a coupon code available AND they mark their items down fairly quickly. love their items and find many hard to resist.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 ECBG said:

Thanks. I'm not buying a lot of shark bite or Ikat. Not a good investment and a little goes a long way.

With the shark bite - it can always be altered later on for a straight hemline.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Kathleen said:
On 3/17/2015 ECBG said:

I have seen the boutique too. I am not a fan of shark bite tops, but I like some of the prints on them. You make a good point... Maybe my tailor can alter one into a straight hem if I find one I really love.
Super Contributor

Why would someone buy a shark bite hem top, then pay to have it altered into a straight hem.......it will never look right.....I don't understand that at all.....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 donuts said:

Why would someone buy a shark bite hem top, then pay to have it altered into a straight hem.......it will never look right.....I don't understand that at all.....{#emotions_dlg.crying}

If you see a top you like, but worry about buying something that might go out of style - a shark bite can be altered.

I've done it myself and know that it can be done with good results. Really not that difficult. You need a tape measure, scissors and needle and thread.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Kathleen said:
On 3/17/2015 ECBG said:

Thanks, I know, I taught tailoring. I'm just not inspired. Nothing has the WOW! factor! I'm considering an outfit I saw at Banana Republic.

Valued Contributor

I bought an inexpensive shark bite top somewhere else. I ended up donating it as, that store has a short refund policy too. I'm not obese, far from it. But that top made my already Western European hips look even bigger than I would've liked! I did buy one Serena W. Had on HSN. that one was only one side and trimmed all over in a tonal border. That worked and actually elongated my torso! It's the double ones that either enhance your hips or belly and personally, I don't want either enhanced!