Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 3/17)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I don't think I have any Irish heritage, but the celebrations can be fun. Today at the senior lunch program, a musical group will be performing. One of the members of the group is one of our pool friends. I'm looking forward to their performance. I won't be ordering the TSV for sure. Not much call for wool here.

It is a beautiful sunny day here so far, but we may have some rain. When you live in the desert, rain is almost always welcome. So, I won't complain. I do love the sun, however.

I saw on FB that Jean is working this afternoon -- hope work goes well. Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Charlene, twinny (have a wonderful trip), Gayle, pinky ann, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

We will go to the gym this afternoon, and I am thinking about taking a short walk this morning. I am planning to make Irish soda bread later, but no corned beef here since DH isn't much of a fan.

Have a nice day everyone, and please check in with us if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 3/17)

Hi Linda, thanks for getting us started. I live in a semi-desert area, so I know what you mean about rain almost always being welcomed. This is the most beautiful time of the year here, because plants are green. Our goats are out in the field eating real pasture. It's lovely to see. (The landscape will look brown soon enough, bah humbug).

My husband is home today (he has odd work schedule), and he said that he would help prune back our bougainvillea. It's much easier to do with 2 people than with one. Since the bougainvillea has long nasty thorns, we don't put it in the compost, it needs to go in the green waste can, and just one of the plants can fill up the entire can. We also have lantana that needs to be pruned back. Even though it's work, once those plants start to bloom, they are gorgeous!

Tonight we are going out to dinner with my Mom. I know that she can't wait to see my daughter while she's on spring break (Sometimes my Mom gets on my nerves, but I love her...)

Hope everyone has a great day! ~ Charlene

Respected Contributor

Hello Linda, and all who follow! I am not much of a St Patrick's Day celebrator. I didn't wear green today because I don't think at my new job I will get pinched. lol I did notice all the guys have their green shirts on.

I was exhausted last night after work - and very tired of being so tired. I don't know if it was boot camp that wore me out (is this just too much for me?) or this congestion again (I have allergies now?) or what. DH cooked and I went to bed early and it was so nice to be home and in bed! I felt a little bad that I didn't take the dog out for exercise but because it was nice DH did. He won't pick up after her, I might have to go retrace steps tonight with my doggie bags. (Yes, LINDA R I have purple ones! And green and blue)

No plans here, I'm not sure what we will do for supper. I brought a lot of food from home so need to free up some space in the freezer now.

Can't remember if I shared or not, the dresses I ordered from Dress Barn all going back. They just weren't quite right in one way or another. I loved the macy's dress and because the tag was $20 cheaper than the price I paid, they gave me the difference. So I ordered another Macy's dress and found an anchor bracelet and another set of earrings I ordered - we'll see if I like them or not. That's about it for me and shopping.

Respected Contributor

Charlene, I saw a lot of green space back at "country home" and on the way up here this weekend. I can't wait until everything "greens up" around here!

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon.

I started a new class last night called Full Body Cardio, it is similar to interval training, I am so sore! This class worked muscles that walking and Zumba did not. I really enjoyed the fast pace of the class and the music, Motown.

Speaking of Macys' I bought a new dress on Sat from Macys' that had been $140 and I paid $26. I was so happy. It fit very well and I already have the perfect shoe to go with it.

No more shopping on the horizon for me.

Weather is nice today but we may get snow on Thursday, BOO!

Not much else going on here. My friend and I had dinner with my son Sunday evening. DS has known him most of his life, he has a son that graduated with mine and they have the same first name. We had a nice time, my son kidded me that was not the first time he had dinner with Mark, but it was the first time he saw us on the same side of the booth.

Not very busy right now at work. I feel certain that will change

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, Happy St Patrick's day.....my mom's parents were ones who came thru Ellis Island and ended up in NYC...although they were not married at the time...my mom was born here. I have my corned beef (Nathan's ) ready to cook. My DH's Mom side of the family is Irish too.

It rains a lot during the night but the sun is trying to come out..the marchers in the parade are probably thankful for that. It is chilly out too....I had heard we may in for a snow storm on Friday, 1st day of spring. My DH's HS marches in the parade and he and his HS friends.. have been going every year to march with them...but today was rainy and cold....so they didn't. Told him he is getting old to let a little bad weather stop them.LOL.

It must look pretty Charlene to see your goats out in the field and everything green. We still see white when we look out hopefully it will be gone soon! I think we still have several more weeks before we see anything sprouting up from the ground. Have a nice time with your Mom and family tonight at dinner.

I have never made Irish soda bread LindaL but I bought some. enjoy your senior lunch program today.

Sorry you are so tired Kathleen....of course we all expected you to have purple doggie pick up bags!! I hope your allergies calm down and you are back to yourself soon.... After reading Pinkys post the other day about going to Macy's I ordered several tops on Sunday from them and received them today they are all keepers. Hope you like your items when you get them Kathleen

Twinny have a great trip with your DH and friends.......I hope the weather is wonderful and you bring the good warm weather back. Safe travels.

Not much else here...have a nice day everyone. Marijane

Valued Contributor

Happy St. Patrick's Day! No Irish at all in either of our families, so we don't do anything special for the day. I don't have green on, as I just didn't think it matter what color I wore to clean...lol

DH had a VA appointment yesterday. It was a simple check for protyme, something that has to be measured if you take Warfarin as DH does. I was in a bad mood Sunday, and it reasred up for awhile yesterday. I feel better today, and was able to work off some stress with the Shark. The kitties are in full "shed their winter coats mode', and there will be lots of extra work until that finishes. It's also coming into allergy season, so curtains and all need washed and any extra non essentials will be put away until fall. I have severe allergies to five assorted things, with dust and dust mites on the list.

We have snow still, but it's melting at a better pace since we've had rain last night and on Sunday night for awhile. So many places nearby have none, and I have to remember that when I look in our yard.

LindaL, Have a good time at your lunch! Sounds like fun.

Kathleen, I hope you aren't starting with allergies. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry the dresses didn't work out for you.

Charlene, Your plants must be so beautiful when they bloom! I've only seen them in photos, but not in real life.

Twinny, Have a terrific time on your vacation!!

It's almost time for a break for me. I just want to get the curtains started in the washer, so they'll be ready to go on the rack to dry. See you later! pinky

Valued Contributor

Rosa, I'm glad you got a great buy in Macy's. I want to go back before Easter, as they had a few I would like to try that were on sale.

Genny, It's great that you found things at Macy's too! It's been my favorite store for years, only now I plan to shop at the further away one, as they have many more things that I like than the one closer by. The day I was there I bought a pair of jeans, 3 pair of pj's, 5 sweaters, all cotton, and about 8 tops. Two are French terry that are so soft. Wear your new tops in good health!!! pinky

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Happy St. Patrick's Day; my favorite aunt - whom I love more than any other human being I can think of - was Irish. I sure do miss her.

It's another beautiful day, but I don't really have plans to go anywhere, just press on with the cleaning. We had a nice drive yesterday; it was up to almost 80°! The dogs got dog biscuits at the bank, then I bought them ice cream at Walmart. I picked up a few things I needed, and almost sucuumed to temptation and wanted to buy a top I saw that I loved, but it was a size too small. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about it, so on my way to Publix to see if they had hot cross buns (they did, but they're not as good as they used to be) I swung by another Walmart. (We have 6-7 in the area.) They had the top, but in a different color and pattern...but this one was a size too big! {#emotions_dlg.blink} Well, I didn't like the print and colors as much as on the first one, but it was a good color for me, so I tried it on anyway just to get an idea of how it would look, and it turned out that it wasn't very flattering, so...that was the end of that. If I happen to see it in my size at another Walmart I'll try it on, but I won't go looking for it.

I have a bit of a conundrum. A good friend invited me to her home on Sunday to watch a movie and have dinner, which I'd love to do, BUT...she's making corned beef, which I don't like at all. Do you think it would be acceptable to thank for her the invite and tell her that since I don't care for corned beef I'll pick up something for myself to eat?

Puppy lips, I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby; I do hope you'll get another dog. I had the best dog ever, and he was killed by a car last year; there's still not a day I don't miss him and cry for him, and I can't wait to see him again in heaven. My other dog was mourning him and would sit on my car every day, watching for him to come home. I did get another dog as a companion for her as the local shelter had free adoptions, and whereas she's not my Angel, she is a sweetie. There's a dog out there waiting for someone like to you give him the love he longs for.

Oh Pinky...tell me about the shedding! {#emotions_dlg.crying} I must vacuum up enough fur every day to make an entire new cat! Well, as soon as the psychos next door move I can go back to letting most of my kitties go outside sometimes. Meanwhile my Jake, who refused to come inside, has been missing...I suspect those dirtbags poisoned him. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I noticed yesterday that the grass is really starting to grow and is getting quite tall; I'll probably have to cut it this weekend...unless I can borrow Charlene's goats! Wink On yesterday's drive through the valley I saw that the trees are still bare; probably the next time I drive out that way it'll really look like spring.

Jean, I used to enjoy the drive from Na'alehu to Kona, but going home in the dark (I'd spend almost every day in Kona or Honaunau with friends) was something else again. A dear friend was killed on that road when going home from work at the hospital on his motorcycle one day; it was dark and foggy, and he didn't see a horse that had wandered into the road. {#emotions_dlg.crying} That bakery was in walking distance of the house I lived in; sometimes I'd pick up lunch there and take it to the black sands beach. There's a picnic table atop some lava rocks overlooking the ocean; the view was amazing.

Rosa, glad to hear you're doing so well.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch, LindaL.

BTW, what's Irish and stays out all year?

Patty O' Furniture! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I guess I'd better get back to cleaning; have a blessed day, everyone!

Trusted Contributor

You ladies who exercise regularly are an inspiration to me. I find it encouraging when you mention working out. That's an area where I definitely need some improvement.

Kathleen - hope the feeling tired will go away soon and you'll be feeling better.

It sounds like Macy's has been the place to shop lately, lol. I have to drive about 50 minutes to get to one of their stores. I only go there once in a while. A few months ago I bought several fleece vests from them for $9.99 each. In our moderate climate, vests are really useful and that was a good price for a good product. Congrats to those who found items they liked, and I hope that those of you who have to make returns, that things go smoothly there too.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! ~ Charlene