Honored Contributor

Do YOU consider peep toe shoes to be appropiate for Church?

Just curious what all the opinions on this will be. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Do YOU consider peep toe shoes to be appropiate for Church?

Why wouldn't they be?

Valued Contributor

Yes. I think we are beyond the point of thinking peep toe shoes are inappropriate for almost anything.

Regular Contributor

Church is about worship not fashion!

Esteemed Contributor

Since people wear jeans and shorts to church, of course peep toe shoes are more than fine.

Respected Contributor

It entirely depends on your church and even your position in the church. One I went to, women couldn't wear slacks if they were doing anything in the choir, etc. I had on a split skirt--didn't pass muster. But I think I saw strappy shoes. Some other churches in our area would not allow open toe shoes, and I went to one church years ago that required hats for ladies.

I think a good rule is not to wear anything you wouldn't wear to a serious job interview or a funeral (outside of the color, which is not an issue here.) You'll never be given "the eyeball".

Some churches are "come as you are" in our area--meaning, it's about the message and they are just glad to have people come in and hear it, and don't worry about modeling behavior of dress.

You can always check with the wife of the pastor (or the pastor, if a woman) and ask what they consider appropriate and what they'd prefer not to see in church.

Honored Contributor

What does it matter what anyone wears to church as long as they go. Churches and those who judge are missing the point of why they are going. If you have the true spirit of religion, you wouldn't even notice what anyone is wearing. Worry about your own soul and not what some wear!!! If you have to "check" with anyone about what to wear to church then it is about fashion!!! How christian is it to be given "the eyeball" by holier than thou members who judge someone by what they wear and not who they are??!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think the days of gloves, hats and sensible shoes have pretty much gone away for church services. If you feel you are dressed appropriately, then you are fine. In spite of those who say we shouldn't judge people by what they wear, you know it's going to happen whether it be at church, work or Wal-mart.

Honored Contributor

Not unless the minister has accused one of having salacious toes.
Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 snickster said:

Just curious what all the opinions on this will be. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions.

yes

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"