Esteemed Contributor

Several vendors on the Q offer their lines in some really awful color choices. I write this because I know that most females look better in some colors than others and that's what dressing is all about. Some call it 'seasons'. I have to admit I won't buy the pale old fashioned colors offered that look like they belong on a ghost. Some appear like clothes that women born in the 1920's would wear as seniors. Do they ever pay attention to what they are pushing to the viewing audience?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor
I get tired of the same D&C colors over and over. How many lapis blue or Apple red shirts does a girl need?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
This has been my issue with most of the clothing lines sold here. I c don'the wear either the bright d&Co colors or the washed out pastels. Logo has some nice Colors, but can't wear a style that makes the hips look huge.
Honored Contributor
I don't look good in brights or washed-out colors either, but l guess some women do. I prefer jewel-toned tops, and dark colors on the bottom.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

I've said for years that the colors are too predictable. Everything comes in the basics. Sometimes I'm drawn to clothing in BMS that are just unique shades. I haven't bought any clothing for quite a while because the colors are just too shocking, too much the same or too dark. Please change it up a bit. Prints are also too many colors. I could be drawn to a print until a see many colors that I do not enjoy together. A few modified prints with less colors would suit my taste.

Honored Contributor
I am not a fan of pastel or muted colors, but that seems to be trending right now. I don't think these colors suit my fair skin.
Super Contributor

OP writes: Do they ever pay attention to what they are pushing to the viewing audience?

------

I'm guessing that QVC has enough of their own market data and know what colors sell, and some popular vendors have a particular color palette they like to work with.

BUT - YOU might be watching the wrong shows ... some vendors sell dark dingy colors and others use garishly bright colors ... check out some of the male designers.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Kathleen said:

OP writes: Do they ever pay attention to what they are pushing to the viewing audience?

------

I'm guessing that QVC has enough of their own market data and know what colors sell, and some popular vendors have a particular color palette they like to work with.

BUT - YOU might be watching the wrong shows ... some vendors sell dark dingy colors and others use garishly bright colors ... check out some of the male designers.

Really? Then why are their so many returns? The return warehouse is ram packed and their are outlets selling the stuff that didn't go over too well.

I've been viewing the Q for 32 years when it started out as CVQ. Back then, they did listen, now and for more than several years they haven't listened. YOU don't have the stats on all the members, YOU don't know their buying history or what they like.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Love Roses said:
On 3/17/2015 Kathleen said:

------

Really? Then why are their so many returns? The return warehouse is ram packed and their are outlets selling the stuff that didn't go over too well.

I've been viewing the Q for 32 years when it started out as CVQ. Back then, they did listen, now and for more than several years they haven't listened. YOU don't have the stats on all the members, YOU don't know their buying history or what they like.

You're right - I don't have any stats on anything about QVC. Then, again, I don't work for QVC market research department. I also don't work in their warehouse nor do I know anything about their return rates. But-- but I do believe we pay higher prices for QVC products because of their liberal return policy.

What I do know is what I see televised and what I buy. I only wear things within a specific color palette and I can often buy those colors on QVC. And, I can read financial statements. QVC is making enough money to satisfy shareholders. Bottom line!

The problem other people have with QVC's colors has nothing to do with me.

Honored Contributor

Working in retail after teaching, few color choices have always been a problem. No vendor can carry everything. I may search for the perfect shade of yellow for several seasons. Some are too orange, some have too much white and are too pale. Most people either have a lot of "mistakes", things they don't look pleasing in, or their choices revolve around one side of the color wheel.

Each closet tells a color story.