Valued Contributor

I love these sweaters. They are beautiful and very well made. I have several. I would sure love to see some of these made in a special cotton version. We haven't had too many cold winters lately and these in the wool are very warm. I sure would love to see these in a cotton version made by the Irish. I would order every one.

Beckyblu

Super Contributor

I don't think you could call them Aran if they weren't made in wool. There's a long tradition behind those sweaters.

They really aren't all that difficult to make yourself ... and you could choose any yarn you wished. Knitting is rather easy to learn.

Valued Contributor

Watch the Irish shows on Tuesday. They will have a lot of sweaters.

Honored Contributor

I have them too but they are so hot I can't wear them even in 20 degree temperatures.

Honored Contributor

QVC used to carry exquisite Deirdre McGuire sweaters that were 100% pima cotton. The colors she offered were rich and gorgeous. They were pricey but occasionally showed up in Lunchtime Specials. They were some of my best investments.

Honored Contributor

Oh! lulu (have great niece with that name) I do love everything cotton. That's all I will wear around my house. Going out, I need some tiny spandex in it.

Honored Contributor
They're made in wool because the Irish raise a lot of sheep. The climate in Ireland is not suitable for growing cotton.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
I like these sweaters because they are wool. It is hard to find 100% wool sweaters any more. I buy mine at Marshall's for $50.
Super Contributor

I purchased a "Connemara Knit Wear" button down sweater from the Q, on Clearance, many years ago, in the Natural color. I had never worn it and it was packed away in my closet, until I came back home, after spending over a Year in Orlando FL, during the Fall of 2009.

Upon my return home, I was always cold (to the point of teeth-chattering, and 3 layers were NOT enough to keep me "warm") {#emotions_dlg.scared} I was thankful that I found *My Irish Sweater*, and to this day, I wear it around the house when I NEED to be warm ! Wink

Respected Contributor
On 3/15/2015 Kathleen said:

I don't think you could call them Aran if they weren't made in wool. There's a long tradition behind those sweaters.

They really aren't all that difficult to make yourself ... and you could choose any yarn you wished. Knitting is rather easy to learn.

Nice words, Kathleen, but there are many of us who do not have the gift of artistry. If I were to try knitting a sweater, it would be a disaster.